Array
    Status
    Seattle WA
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T

Delica Automatic

Hi guys (and gals, and everything in between) - I am planning to adapt an automatic to my 1G oilburner. I have a new Hyundai D4BF mill, and am lost as to which slushbox to put behind it. I have an A44D from a gas '87 P Ram 50, but am told it will not work well with the diesel's torque curve. Would a trans from a Delica L300 work? A guy up in Canada says he has one, says it's a V4AW2-2-QCS with TC and TX included.
    Anybody know about those? I don't even know what one LOOKS like!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The Delica trans has different shift linkages. I know a manual Delica trans will definitely not work, but the auto You need to compare online images. There could be differences in trans mounting, the extension housing length, how the shift linkages mount up etc...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Alberta canada
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Pajero
    Engine

4D56-T
    Hey @Maxedoubt. I've thought some about using the delica auto in a pickup. L300 transmissions are cable-shifted with gear selectors sitting between the seats. @geezer101, I don't see why either auto and 5spd couldn't be made to work, custom mounting where needed. The final drive ratio is like 4.6:1 on the auto van and it's heavier then the l200 by some margin. I don't have enough experience with the auto to say if I like it, but I can offer to snap pictures of it sitting in the van with engine removed if that would help inform your decision. Not sure it has a lockup. The van drivetrain mounting looks pretty unique to me, but I don't have any way to compare to the mitsubishi truck.
    I don't see that V4AW2-2-QCS trans here but I suspect it goes by km148. http://www.delica.ca/manuals/Automatictransmission.pdf

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I've thought about this too but the manual trans has the biggest issues. The manual shift linkages on a van are complex and it would take some serious redesigning to make it work (anyone want to take a crack at electronic shift solenoids and a control module to rig one up?) Auto 'might' work but the extension housings on either trans won't. The engine and transmission are set way back compared to a truck drivetrain. The innards of the transmissions are the same AFAIK.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function