Status
    PEI, Canada
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Project Disco 50!

Hello all.
    Just thought I'd say hello and let you all know what I found. We had a 79 Red and Black D50 Sport bought new by my dad. It was traded on a K car wagon in 83. I was walking in a junkyard in Nova Scotia Canada a couple of weeks ago and found an '80 sport. It originally came from Dwayne Lanes Chrysler Plymouth Dodge in Everett Washington. Was brought here be a relative of the original owner. I couldn't resist so I brought it home yesterday. It is original paint, Rusty, and has the 2.6 auto like our original one had. As part of the deal I got a spare Passenger door and and a spotless front passenger fender. There is also an almost perfect spare Dashpad and tailgate which come with it as well. I'll be heading back to get those in a couple of weeks. The only thing I really need are door bottoms and the drivers fender. It is rusty and dented. This thing fired right up on a prime last night!!! 20190504_161746.jpg20190504_161756.jpg20190504_161839.jpg

Underneath and the rockers cab corners etc are pretty solid

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. That is awesome. At first glance anyone would think this truck was a dead loss but looks are deceiving. The interior doesn't appear to be a disaster. Take some pics once you've cleaned it up and checked it over. Your dad would get a kick out of this thing I'd bet. They are a really great little beast
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome !!!
    Looking forward to a build thread ---
    Damn !!! what a find.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Hello RustislandRam

You did GOOD..!

Dwayne's Lanes I know exactly that corner location; I lived in Everett, WA almost 25 years then moved out here to Hawaii...

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    That was what Geronimo looked like when I bought him new. That is a rare stripping theme - only on early 1980 trucks, and only on the topline Sports - lessor Black Sports had the narrow stripes. The stripping codes are called out in the 1980 FSM. Welcome to the forum - we need more pics as you work on this gem in the rough!
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    PEI, Canada
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Awesome info. Sorry for the delay in responding. I have a friedn who owns a graphics business. He is going to take measurements and colour samples before the paint is disturbed. We are going to make it a project to reproduce the stripes correctly. I also had the little truck out for its first yard dive under its own power in 10 years. no brakes yet but I have all the brake parts now and a new fuel tank ordered. I also hear the water pump rattling. My son took a video of the little ride. Hope to post it soon.

Array
    Status
    Gilroy,CA
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    dude thats amazing I ran into one of those at a pick n pull once just like that, I wish I couldve gotten it! I did take the fenders though haha