Array
    Status
    Greeneville TN
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T

Hello...new diesel guy here!

Hello everyone...my name is Shawn, I live in Eastern Tennesse. I am modifiying a 1990 dodge d50 with a bad 2.6 motor. I bought a 1983 with a 2.3 turbo diesel, the 4 D55 engine. The motor only has 60 k on it. At this point the 2.6 is out and I am prepping the 2.3. My whole family are diesel people, we have several power strokes, and some idi's as well as cummins. This is my second 2.3, sold the first which was a big mistake so I figured I would do is conversion to make up for it. The d 50 is an extended cab so it will be nice. I am currently having a problem locating the bracket to mount the ac condenser from the 90 , the 83 diesel did not have ac, so any help would be appreciated! Thanks y'all

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    welcome to the site . there are lots of knowledgeable people here that can give you some good pointers.

Array
    Status
    KY
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B-T
    Quote Originally Posted by International Gearhead View Post
    Hello everyone...my name is Shawn, I live in Eastern Tennesse. I am modifiying a 1990 dodge d50 with a bad 2.6 motor. I bought a 1983 with a 2.3 turbo diesel, the 4 D55 engine. The motor only has 60 k on it. At this point the 2.6 is out and I am prepping the 2.3. My whole family are diesel people, we have several power strokes, and some idi's as well as cummins. This is my second 2.3, sold the first which was a big mistake so I figured I would do is conversion to make up for it. The d 50 is an extended cab so it will be nice. I am currently having a problem locating the bracket to mount the ac condenser from the 90 , the 83 diesel did not have ac, so any help would be appreciated! Thanks y'all
    So your looking for a bracket for the Diesel motor.

First off, 1990 models did not come with a 2.6, it either came with a fuel injected 2.4 or 3.0 V6. You probably have a 1989 which came with a carbed 2.6, unless some did a engine swap.

Secondly, the AC compressors from an 83 and 90 are probably not the same and mount differently. So you'll either have to make a custom bracket or modify a stock one to adapt the 90 AC compressor to a 83 diesel.

For example, I have a 1990 that originally came with a 2.4L and swapped a 2.6. I used a 2.6 ac compressor/alt. bracket and modified to mount the 1990 ac compressor.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Welcome aboard. Feel free to take control of our radio station and become the DJ any time you want.. The link is at the top.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Greeneville TN
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Sorry, I should clarify. The truck is a carb truck, so its prob a 90. I pulled that engine since it was bad and am currently swapping the 2.3diesel into it. The89 has ac but the diesel did not so I am looking for the bracket for an ac compressor off a diesel. Thanks for the welcome, this is a great site!

Array
    Status
    Greeneville TN
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Sorry...it's probably an 89... That's what I meant to put!

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    You can drop a line in the wanted section, but them brackets can be a hard to find part.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Laporte, IN
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    you are sol with that bracket hate to tell ya. your better off trying to fab one. it took me 3yrs to find one lol.... and the copressors are different too from the diesel to the gassers.. the diesel had a little 2 cyl 2 stroke york compressor that took oil in the bottom of its little pan and a check plug on the side of it.... BTW you wont find one of those very easily either.... not trying to be a buzz kill just informing you..... and if by chance you do find a set up of both... look to fork out about $800. oh and welcome.

Array
    Status
    Laporte, IN
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    you may want to PM mainstream.... he has a good example of a swap with A/C.. and in your state..

Array
    Status
    Greeneville TN
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T
    I appreciate the info, I stopped at 4 junkyards today, none of the guys there even knew there was such a thing as a 2.3 diesel!