Status
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Thoughts on buying this truck

https://offerup.co/UxYcF6AdcW

what you think? He said he will take 2k. Was professionally rebuilt a year ago and recently painted. I want it for my daily driver work truck. I just want to make sure I’m not going to have to drop tons of money into it. Just need it to last 2 years and I’ll keep it as a back up later on. Seems well taken care of. Things to look for when I go check it out?

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Hello Shug welcome here... Take a mechanic to test drive it for you... Ask for the price to be lowered because it will cost you to make it legal...

TIRES stick out too far from the bodywork <--- doubt it's legal..?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Well I can't check it out due to the site auto blocking me. Fresh paint and a proper engine rebuild saves you grief as long as it is legit and not bodged over to hide the usual evils. Things to watch for - difficult engine starts, poor running performance (could mean ECU trouble if it's a 4G64 or 6G72 V6, or issues with the ICM in the distributor, a bad coil, a wiring fault etc). Over size wheel offset will cause bump steer. It can be negated by fitting a steering damper to the drag link or swapping the wheels for zero offset.
    (if the bump steer is really noticeable this can make the truck unpredictable at highway speeds = )
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function