Array
    Status
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

2nd time owner

I just bought an 88 Ram 50 that my uncle had sitting in his back yard. I instantly wanted it because I had an 80 D-50 back in high school (20 years ago) and I've always missed that little truck.

The 88 needed a tune up and new ignition coil to get started, but it runs decent enough. I've got to get started changing brakes and working on front end suspension because those seem to be the biggest problems at the moment.

Appreciate the site and the knowledge base represented in the forum.

Cheers from Kansas!

Dodge Ram 50.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. The Gen 2 is pretty much the same as the Gen 1 except it's a little more comfortable in the cab and is trimmed better. Do we dare ask you of the fate of your D-50?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    I sold it to my brother when I finished high school. He said it was running when he sold it some time later, but I don't know its ultimate fate.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome Nickriel ~ 1980 D50 for sale here: https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/au...ew?auc=2270851

(is it anything like the one you had before..?)

Array
    Status
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    It's the same year and model, but mine was an off-white color, and the hood popped up while I was on the highway once and tore up the hinges real bad so I had to cut off the hood and put in racing pins to hold the hood down...

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Whew..! That musta been scary..! Need hinges designed to separate when or if the hood opens on the road; missile inbound 12 o'clock for the guy behind ya...

Array
    Status
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Yeah, those hinges tore through the body are right in front of the windshield and did a lot of damage in that part of the truck. There was no way new hinges were going to work, so I drilled some holes through the hood and pinned it down.

Was a pain in the ass because I had to take the whole hood off the truck every time I needed to check the oil (which was often). Good times though.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You were lucky the hood wasn't able to swat the windscreen or it would've messed up you and your whole truck...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function