Status
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

'94 mighty max 8 valve 4G64 not firing on Cyl 2&4

Hello all,

My name is Kyle and this is my first post here. If this post is in the wrong place I apologize. I have searched this site for another post with a problem similar to mine but have not found one yet.

I also posted this to DSMTuners Forums in the hopes that someone there might be able to help but have not received a reply yet.

Moving forward...

I have a 1994 Mighty Max with a SOHC 8 Valve 4G64. This is my first Mitsubishi and I am no expert with them or engines in general. As far as I know the motor is original to the truck. I made a video earlier explaining everything I could to the best of my ability. I figured this might be easier than writing a novel haha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHPt1Oo9K3k

This second, short, video is to show the injector pulses coming from the ECU with the use of NOID lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIvYvDYQCOo

If I could get any help from you all it would be most appreciated. Any questions or ideas would be met with utmost enthusiasm!

Thanks in advance.

Kyle

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. First, do an ECU check and see if you are getting error codes - there is a way to do it without a code reader. This is IMO a timing issue - you have injector pulses and apparently good spark. You may have it timed 180 degrees out, or you didn't ground the ECU wire in the engine bay which causes the ECU to go into tune mode. If the ignition coil is tired it can cause grief (normal life span is 10-15 years before requiring replacement) It is something small that is preventing it from running. You'll spot it eventually...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    We checked the ECU and while the capacitors do not outright look bad we did find something else.

DSC_0072.jpgDSC_0073.jpgDSC_0075.jpgDSC_0076.jpg

My dad is going to take my ECU to his job. He plans to sonic clean the board, replace all the caps and repair the pins/traces that were damaged by the corrosion. Afterward he said he will coat the back of the board with lacquer to seal it. Hopefully this will be the fix I have been looking for.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Yeah that ain't pretty. Hopefully a good clean, a heap of resoldered joints (man, there are a lot of ugly soldered pins in there...) and a coat of lacquer will cure your ills. Maybe post up a pic or 2 of the ECU before assembling it?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function