Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

windshield

Any thoughts on the best (cheapest) way to replace my 1990 windshield. There doesn't seem to be any at pull n save or craigslist here in north idaho. This winter pushed the crack fully across the cab.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    They should be readily available new, I can still get a new windscreen fitted for my Gen 1 for $220 AUD. There has to be an option somewhere...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Siskiyou County, CA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I got one for my 87 a couple years ago for around 200 usd installed. funny thing is is that i was wanting to do it myself and bought the knives to cut the glue and was really hoping to find a factory original mitsubishi one (so it wouldn't have that tint at the top) but no luck, after cutting 95 percent around an aftermarket one i found that was in good shape the thing cracked, and this was after cutting my broken one out for practice. I ended up just having someone put one in for that 200 bucks and the next truck i saw at a junk yard had a mint OE windshield in it...go figure lol. I guess if you practiced on some other windshields and had the tools and glue you could save some money by putting one in yourself but it is hard because glue in windshields are tricky to remove without breaking and the tools and adhesive can be pricey. have you tried car-part.com? even searching for other parts can lead you to a parts truck that may have a good windshield. you are right though about northern Idaho not having many of these trucks ive searched that area too. also remember to use actual windshield adhesive, the windshield believe it or not is a structural part of the roof in the event of a roll over! good luck on getting a new windshield.