I pulled my motor to do a clutch job but when I looked closer at my head a more experienced buddy showed me the hairline cracks between the valves on the inner 2 cylinders. I was installing the jet elimination kit and assumed my head was ok since it seemed to run pretty good...

So I guess the question I'm asking now is kinda late because I got in a hurry and already ordered a chinese replacement head thru Amazon for $370 for a complete new head. It is a non jet but it is not hydraulic valves so I'll have to keep those adjusted manually.

Should I have tried to get my old head repaired (welded?) The new chinese head is well reviewed on Amazon, anybody on this forum had good or bad results with them??

While I've got the motor out and apart this far I am replacing rod bearings, mains, and piston rings. My motor had 185,000 miles.

Should I put in a new or rebuilt oil pump? I'm also renewing the timing chain and balancing shaft stuff...

Any advice/ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated...I really don't want to pull this motor again, not my forte...