Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: 4D55 Injectors? Injection Pump???

  1. #1

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    08-10-2018
    Posts
    27
    Location

    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

    1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55

    4D55 Injectors? Injection Pump???

    so i found out why my pos runs so rough and starts so badly. injection pump is contaminated and 2 injectors are over spraying and 2 are under spraying. they want too much to rebuild. where can i find a pump and injectors. there has to be a website that offers them i feel like they are pretty common. not tying to spend no damn 3k on this either if it that bad its for sale or i'm gonna run it into the ground then scrap it. thanks in advanced

  2. #2

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    02-03-2019
    Posts
    43
    Location

    Lawsonville, NC
    Vehicle

    1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

    4D55-T
    that does seam high and the engines are not that common. I've only ever seen one and I own it. lol. where you located? $100 to $2000 around here for a injection pump and injectors rebuild. check ebay. I think a 4d56 injection pump will work but be sure its non turbo or turbo. depending on witch one you have. turbo or non turbo.

  3. #3

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    02-03-2019
    Posts
    43
    Location

    Lawsonville, NC
    Vehicle

    1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

    4D55-T
    sorry ment $1000 to $2000

  4. #4

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    02-03-2019
    Posts
    43
    Location

    Lawsonville, NC
    Vehicle

    1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

    4D55-T
    found this http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/showthread.php/3547-4D55-diesel-injectors

  5. #5

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    06-24-2018
    Posts
    65
    Location

    Lincoln, AR
    Vehicle

    1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55-T
    I have an injection pump and sprocket. Pump was examined and a leak repaired about 6 months ago, and it leaked again about month later. I got my other pump complete rebuild, so I have it in my barn. I also have an extra set of injectors, but I don't know their condition, besides that they ran fine, I got the other set rebuilt, so I would entertain selling them. You can make an offer, but cheap, probably not. I would consider something like $700+shipping for the pump and injectors.
    Last edited by gard; 03-22-2019 at 01:21 AM.

  6. #6

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    06-24-2018
    Posts
    65
    Location

    Lincoln, AR
    Vehicle

    1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55-T
    My guy rebuilt my injectors, all 4, for $140. I got the pump rebuilt for under $500, but it didn't have crud in it, just a failure on the pull side.

  7. #7

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    06-24-2018
    Posts
    65
    Location

    Lincoln, AR
    Vehicle

    1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55-T
    You could get your injectors done there through the mail. Diesel Service Co. Fort Smith, Ar.
    Ask for Robert. 1(479)783-0337.
    Last edited by gard; 03-22-2019 at 01:17 AM.

  8. #8

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    08-10-2018
    Posts
    27
    Location

    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

    1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcollins311 View Post
    found this http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/showthread.php/3547-4D55-diesel-injectors

    Dcollins311 i read the article and didn't find much. Thanks for the post im in wyoming iv looked on ebay thing is i dont know what im looking for or have a part number off of the injector or injection pump. you are right i have read that the injectors and pump are the same on a 4d56

  9. #9

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    08-10-2018
    Posts
    27
    Location

    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

    1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55
    Quote Originally Posted by gard View Post
    I have an injection pump and sprocket. Pump was examined and a leak repaired about 6 months ago, and it leaked again about month later. I got my other pump complete rebuild, so I have it in my barn. I also have an extra set of injectors, but I don't know their condition, besides that they ran fine, I got the other set rebuilt, so I would entertain selling them. You can make an offer, but cheap, probably not. I would consider something like $700+shipping for the pump and injectors.
    thanks gard, i would be down either way, rebuilding them having your guy do it or sending them in the mail. other thing is how much of a bastard is the pump to remove. it doesn't look like a easy removal.

  10. #10

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    06-24-2018
    Posts
    65
    Location

    Lincoln, AR
    Vehicle

    1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55-T
    I might post mine on eBay this weekend either way. And definitely would if I knew it was going to a good home. The injector rebuild would cost you $140+shipping with that guy Robert. And he did like a replace what was bad, left what was good rebuild on the pump I am using for $373. He is great and is only making a living no more, no less. My pump, I would sell you without the sprocket, the fuel cutoff solenoid, and the other little electrical part, like, $350 even, as in I'll pay shipping. All yours should be fine. The one I found on eBay was $400. I could just make an eBay auction, so we are both safe.
    Last edited by gard; 03-22-2019 at 08:57 PM.

  11. #11

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    06-24-2018
    Posts
    65
    Location

    Lincoln, AR
    Vehicle

    1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55-T
    If you have oreilley's, rent their 2/3 2 ton hub puller, easy as pie. Assuming you have the timing chain off already.
    1.Remove injector lines. Just get them out of the way.
    2. Break the nut loose on the sprocket. Remove the nut. It's 19mm socket.
    3. Get the hub puller on there, tight the bolt and it will pop loose easy. Make sure you don't loose your sprocket key.
    4. Remove all your fuel and exhaust lines from the pump.
    5. Then you got 2 nuts on either side of the shaft, backside of where the sprocket is, and two bolts where your dipstick is.
    6. Slip it out. Easy does it.

    install is easy, you gotta time the pump after you get the timing chain back on.

  12. #12

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    06-24-2018
    Posts
    65
    Location

    Lincoln, AR
    Vehicle

    1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55-T
    Timing the pump isn't fairly simple. I use a pair of calipers. I can send pics of the manual on that. There is a special tool that makes it easy, I just don't have it. But you remove the bolt centered on the back of the pump, rotate the engine back 30 degrees from T, stick a caliper in that hole and then zero it. Rotate the engine back to 5 degrees forward past T stick the caliper in and you want 1mm of lift +/- .03

  13. #13

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    08-10-2018
    Posts
    27
    Location

    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

    1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55
    Quote Originally Posted by gard View Post
    Timing the pump isn't fairly simple. I use a pair of calipers. I can send pics of the manual on that. There is a special tool that makes it easy, I just don't have it. But you remove the bolt centered on the back of the pump, rotate the engine back 30 degrees from T, stick a caliper in that hole and then zero it. Rotate the engine back to 5 degrees forward past T stick the caliper in and you want 1mm of lift +/- .03
    lol haha that sounds like a nightmare

  14. #14

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    08-10-2018
    Posts
    27
    Location

    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

    1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55
    Quote Originally Posted by gard View Post
    I might post mine on eBay this weekend either way. And definitely would if I knew it was going to a good home. The injector rebuild would cost you $140+shipping with that guy Robert. And he did like a replace what was bad, left what was good rebuild on the pump I am using for $373. He is great and is only making a living no more, no less. My pump, I would sell you without the sprocket, the fuel cutoff solenoid, and the other little electrical part, like, $350 even, as in I'll pay shipping. All yours should be fine. The one I found on eBay was $400. I could just make an eBay auction, so we are both safe.
    no sense and you not making a buck man ill just have to tare into mine and send them to your guy. i hate to see you loose a good pump at such a low price

  15. #15

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    06-24-2018
    Posts
    65
    Location

    Lincoln, AR
    Vehicle

    1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55-T
    Robert is the man. He will hook you up. It's a good choice.

  16. #16

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    01-24-2019
    Posts
    40
    Location

    Nevada
    Vehicle

    1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

    4D55-T
    Abner, how did you diagnose the dirty pump and injector problems? I got mine back together with the new head and I think I have similar issues from it sitting with fuel in it for to long. I'd like to make sure though

  17. #17

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    06-24-2018
    Posts
    65
    Location

    Lincoln, AR
    Vehicle

    1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55-T
    for the injection pump you could disconnect the injector lines and visually inspect
    your flow? The injectors, easiest way would likely be taking them to a diesel place and hooking them up to a hand pump.

  18. #18

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    08-10-2018
    Posts
    27
    Location

    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

    1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55
    Quote Originally Posted by gard View Post
    Robert is the man. He will hook you up. It's a good choice.
    hopefully he will be around after a while because i called the guy and he just got the pump and injectors back on and in. I really dont wanna have him pull that right now and again so i might just run it awhile till i get the time and money. even tho i know thats bad for it i dont think it will hurt it. plus hes had it for 7 months

  19. #19

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    08-10-2018
    Posts
    27
    Location

    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

    1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjamin View Post
    Abner, how did you diagnose the dirty pump and injector problems? I got mine back together with the new head and I think I have similar issues from it sitting with fuel in it for to long. I'd like to make sure though
    so they sent them to an injection testing company they had to call bosch for specs and then compare. I believe they pop test the injectors then look tear down and look inside the pump. which any good diesel shop normally has a place who they send them off to. you can do just like gard said just be careful because of the pressure you can get blood poison if it hits and breaks your skin. chances are if its been setting a while its got contamination. Though iv have never seen and diesel injection pump with out contamination its just how much contaminated. so needless to say my pump i believe is on its last leg i think contamination is the least of my worries. I dont think it helped but. if you look at my other post of this cant be right lol there is a video of what it looks like that might help you.

  20. #20

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    04-09-2015
    Posts
    222
    Location

    College Station, TX
    Vehicle

    1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55-T
    Quality thread thus far... commenting now in case I need it myself one day.

  21. #21

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    01-24-2019
    Posts
    40
    Location

    Nevada
    Vehicle

    1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

    4D55-T
    Awesome thanks guys, everything probably needs to come out and get inspected and drained (or the other way around if you want to do it correctly ) I just need to figure out what to do with 9 gallons of fuel

  22. #22

    Array
    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    08-10-2018
    Posts
    27
    Location

    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

    1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

    4D55
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjamin View Post
    Awesome thanks guys, everything probably needs to come out and get inspected and drained (or the other way around if you want to do it correctly ) I just need to figure out what to do with 9 gallons of fuel
    you bet! if you need anything you know where to find us. In the past if i know its going to be awhile and depending on what comes out the tank i give it to my neighbor he has a diesel with an aftermarket fuel pump with tiny micron filters. I also use a white bucket to see what it looks like and sometimes filter it with a paint filter. best of luck

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •