Array
    Status
    Kansas City MO
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

Red face New from KC Hi!

Just joined. 91 Ram50 and I bought a 90 MightyMax kind of as a parts truck. Both 4G64 engines. What are the rare valuable parts from it? Lol. I remember when the lower timing cover broke on the Ram50 and it was SO hard to find! But I eventually found it.
    I've owned the dodge for about 6 years, but I'm Looking forward to going through the list and gettin the truckski all gone through for many more years of friendship and driving and hauling!
    Anyone know of a good guy or shop in the KC missouri area who is good with these trucks?
    Merci beaucoup mes amis

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Pretty much EVERYTHING on them are rare and valuable (as you discovered when you tried to find a timing cover). Depending on how the trucks were optioned you'll notice some parts are very hard to get. Good to see that you have held onto your Ram for so long. They are pretty robust and will keep doing their thing if serviced and maintained. The 1990 truck has a year specific ECU and ancillaries on it which makes it a pain if you needed to work with it, but otherwise it's all the same nuts and bolts. As with all the noobs that join the site - get a thread going, ask questions and post pics
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kansas City MO
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome KCKC Amy, wishing you smooth sailing for your trucks & your weather...