Is there any power mods for a 2.6 motor

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    There are the usual go-to's of a bigger carb (the old bench mark was the Weber 32/36 but the newer 38 DGES has got an edge over it), good headers and exhaust system, a good street cam, some port work and deleting/disabling the EGR system on it. Experimenting with the ignition tune will yield hidden torque and throttle response. Beyond that you'd need to think forced induction like the engine and ECU from a Conquest.
    Check the performance section of the forum for tips and how to's as everything has been covered extensively
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I have the 85 2.0. It does 80. It will do 70 with a half yard of wet gravel in it. It takes a run up but it will do it. Check all the moving/rolling parts for proper lubrication and that they aren't worn out.

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    70 MPH should be no problem for a stock 2.6 in good running order, so check the usual basic tune-up stuff -- esp. make sure your static ignition advance, centrifugal and vacuum advance are all within spec. and functioning correctly.

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by SubGothius View Post
    70 MPH should be no problem for a stock 2.6 in good running order, so check the usual basic tune-up stuff.
    I agree completely. Have you tested the engine’s compression? Acceleration and top speed will suffer if one or more cylinders has low compression.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    *might be worth your while doing a general ignition/carb check as well. A crappy coil will lose spark under load - it ends up with poor MPG and engine performance (average working life of a coil is about 10-15 years max). Make sure the tune is reasonably good (plugs and gaps, serviceable ign parts etc) If you are pretty sure the carb has never been apart, it is due for a tear down and rebuild (this will be the time to think about a new carb to save yourself the grief of trying to put a kit through the stock carb, this is not something you'd want to tackle as a noob)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Lawsonville, NC
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    I’d also check the exhaust it it’s still stock exhaust. I’ve had the cat stop up and also the muffler it self. Only way I found out was I finally had enough and thought about that and cut the exhaust before the cat and took it up the road and man what a difference it made.