Thread: BEWARE of Air Bag It drop spindles!!!

Array
    Status
    Christiana, PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8

BEWARE of Air Bag It drop spindles!!!

I just received my 2" drop spindles from airbagit.com today and was horrified at what I received. First thing when I opened the package there was absolutely no packing material to protect the spindles not even a plastic bag, they are so rough it was damn near painful just to hold them. But the most terrifying part was the 1" long by a 1/4" wide and over 3/4" deep hole in the casting. There's no way in good conscience I couldn't post these pictures. Maybe I got a bad set, but there is no excuse for the worker that cleaned these to let them go out the door. Thank God the hole was exposed and I did not install them.
    1497263898.jpg

IMG_20190315_093658.jpg

Who knows how many more air pockets are hidden below the surface.
    Last edited by travhous; 03-15-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    OMFG. How the hell did the turkey that ground that casting let this get by them? And in the weakest point of the hub? That metal was cast at a too lower temp and probably with a ton of slag in it too. I am pretty sure you need no advice on how to tackle this, hopefully they will sort this out for you quickly. As for the overall quality you shouldn't need to grind them yourself (some guys will due to their OCD), but those are just straight up bad... the rough casting quality and the defect in the side is one thing, but the brake caliper mounting holes are run off centre towards the thin edge of the casting introduces the potential for the brake mounting bolts to broken free as a result of the cold casting.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Thx travhous
    How fortuitous!
    I was gathering info & prices
    on an 'upgrade' for 'Whitey'. (my 93)

In good conscience I have to ask airbagit.com
    about the HOME PAGE 'disclaimer'
    ???

Last edited by claych; 03-16-2019 at 01:27 PM.