Status
    Eastern Sierra, CA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Mikuni Carb factory settings SAS-2 screw missing,

1988 2.0 2wd had A/C was removed before I got it
    was driving around 70 t0 80 when the throttle stuck and revved at high rpm, I found out actually the spring was catching, thought it was the throttle cable sticking. Thought it fucked the engine cause I heard this knocking and pinging, thought it jumped time, redid that, got too the carb cause was eating a lot of gas for 4 banger, yeah I drive over 55. Too the point I see the sas2 screw missing , book says Impossible to ever get perfect adjustment ever again, I am not buying a Weber I want it back to where it was before so I can sell it, thought I had it close was driving good in a freeway slowed down on a ramp blew the fucking muffler wide open, I need a picture of anyone’s. SAS2 and 3 screws I need just a slight point of reference cause I have none, why would they make a screw adjustable when it’s not supposed to be touched after the factory? I wanna love this little truck it was nice got from an old timer they only flat towed it behind their rv under 100k miles,

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Greetings and welcome to the forum. Here are pics of the SAS-3, SAS-2 and fast idle screws on two spare carbs I have for a truck with a manual trans and no A/C. The SAS-2 screw is in the middle.
    Carb_1.JPGCarb_2.JPG
    Like the other adjustment screws, the SAS-2 screws on the carbs I have use a spring to hold their position instead of a lock nut as illustrated below. Also, here's instructions for adjusting and setting the carb. The SAS-2 adjustment procedure is #4.
    Adj_screws_illstn.jpgAdj_steps.jpg

Hope this helps

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    This is exactly what you need (is there a specific post in the tech section on this?) Notice that the pics are from 2 different carbs and all the stop screws are not set the same. I tried to find this last night but kept getting images of older Solex carbs...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    (is there a specific post in the tech section on this?)
    This is the publication for the Gen2 Mikuni carburetors from which I pulled the illustration and procedure pages above.
    Manual_1.jpg

Found it years ago on e-Bay. It's not perfect, but it has far better and more thorough illustrations, descriptions and easy to follow procedures than the shop manual. It also doesn't suffer from the annoying and confusing editing errors that afflict the shop manual.