Array
    Status
    Loganville, Ga
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

94 max noobi

Well my buddy gave me his 94 max 2wd 5speed. Head gasket was blowen and it been sitting for a few years. Dropped in a new battery and she fired right up. So i went and changed the head gasket and drove it around the farm and everthing seemed fine. When down a few backroad and all seemed good. Then the engine locked down like it was over heating. So it sat for almost another year.now it in my front yard soaking in wd40. I can turnt the crank with a big pipe wrench but not with the starter. Anyway hopeing thia place might help in getting this thing on the road again.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Nothing an engine swap won't fix if the existing engine has taken a bad hit. There are a number of things that can straight up kill a 4G64 like a bad ECU module or ICM in the distributor, or even a dead ignition coil or fuel pump so it doesn't hurt to look at the possible causes of a shut down other than a seized engine. As with all noobs (not aimed directly at you lol), ask questions, get a thread up and going, post pics and keep us up to date with what you're doing and anything you run into
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome to MightyRam50 Dpahl --- we give noobi 3 days to get their trucks running after 1st post

Array
    Status
    DFW-TX
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxrox View Post
    Welcome to MightyRam50 Dpahl --- we give noobi 3 days to get their trucks running after 1st post

Welcome!

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxrox View Post
    lolololol I would've been handed my hat and shown the door years ago if that applied to all members. The 4G64 has it's own quirks like a year specific ECM glitch (1990?), ECM's that go bad from a few capacitors failing and heads that can warp to the point they snap cams by binding it in the journals (I still have no idea how that can happen...) Some time and looking at everything thoroughly will reveal all.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Sounds like the silent shaft froze up.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Loganville, Ga
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Well good news is the engine is no longer locked up and is slowly comeing to life. When i have the gas floored she will spits and spudders slowly gaining momentum amd runs for a few seconds. Had it going for about 5-10 seconds. Hopefully its just a combo of bad gas and timming not set right. Will try again tomorrow.

Array
    Status
    Loganville, Ga
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    It helps if you get the fireing order right. She smokes like a grandma at bingo but she is alive and running.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Goddammit. The plug leads were crossed? Nice detective work though, you earned your badge today! Check the oil and maybe do an oil flush on it. Guarantee it's probably never had one. If it's blowing oil past the scraper rings it may free them up and tame grandma's pack a day habit a bit (it will also help purge out broken down oil in the lifters/lash adjusters). The biggest cause of oil consumption and exhaust smoke is failed valve stem seals. A quick once over of the head with new seals and a valve job is a good start plus while the head is off, you can eyeball the bores and pistons for signs of wear and damage.