Array
    Status
    OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

2.6 Performance Ignition coil stock replacement

I have an 86' ram 50 thats my baby and all it needs to finish her is a top of the line ignition coil. The engine is virtually all new except stock block internals. look at my photo albums to see the engine and get an idea of my situation. I want a performance coil that wont slosh and overheat. I had a hi-perf Exxel white and chrome canister type but it sloshed inside so i returned it. I dont know whats the best performing canister coil for the 2.6. Any ideas??
    Last edited by camoit; 12-13-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Fixed double post

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    you should try going distributorless. it was the best thing i could have ever done for my D50. that, and the spark is a whole lot hotter than with a single can coil or the stock one. it increased my fuel mileage by 30-50 miles per tank as well... depending on how i'm driving. if you want to see it, just look in the second gen section under 1989 power ram 50 4x4.
    Last edited by PowerRam348; 12-13-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    I have an old used MSD blaster coil that I used to have on my truck when the stock motor was in it. I'll let it go for like $20 shipped, it has a few dings in it though,.