Array
    Status
    Albuquerque NM
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Help please turn signals on 87 ram 50

Having a bit of a problem . 1 week ago the turn signals of my 87 ram 50 stopped working .
    I have replaced the fuze even though it looked good .
    I ordered and payed way to much for the flasher relay from NAPA .
    Installed new flasher .
    Replaced the turn signal builbs .

Results are still no turn signals or emergency flashers .

I'm at a loss of what to do ! It is my daily driver as I'm slowly rebuilding the motor in my 59 Anglia coupe .
    If I keep driving it , I'm going to get a ticket .

So I have two questions . First is just a general begging for help . Second is , does anyone know what the 4 prong relay directly above the 3 prong turn signal relay is ? I was wondering if they where related and if so might I also need to replace it as well ?

Any help would be greatly apreciated .
    Thanks Sky

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Check your ground leads first (something has taken down both the indicators and hazards at the same time...) then grab a test light and go looking for power in those circuits. There's a page in the manuals section that covers the wiring diagrams for the 1988-92 trucks that may be of help to you.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...Schematics-PDF
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    If there's a fault in the emergency flasher switch, the turn signals won't work either. I've had both stop working before, and simply exercising the flasher switch got them working again. If that doesn't work for you, pop out the switch and pull off the connector. Check the connector's pins (ten I think) and the switch's connection surfaces for corrosion and clean as needed. If still a no-go, try working a contact cleaner into the switch. You can try disassembling the switch, but I've never gone there so I don't know how difficult that might be. Last option is get another switch.

The relay above the signal relay is the seat belt timer relay. It turns off the seat belt light in the gauge cluster after ten seconds.
    Last edited by FMS88; 03-02-2019 at 10:19 AM.