Status
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

1st gen transmission woes

Hey Ya’ll,

New to the forum here. Bought an 86’ power ram 50 back in November and my transmission went out a couple months ago. I’ve been out of town since then so I haven’t had to deal with it much but have been searching on the internet for a replacement and watching Craigslist and what not in my area for possible replacements but have yet to come up with anything. From what I’ve read on here I have the km132? It’s a 2.6L 4x4. The transmission is completely shot as far as I know but I have not dug into into much. Any suggestions on my options? What’s a rebuild like? I just did a headgasket and put a bunch of parts into the the truck and I’m afraid without a transmission selling it could be difficult. I would like to fix the truck if possible to keep as my daily. Any suggestions on good sources for used or rebuilt transmissions or insight into the difficulty level of a rebuild would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-Charles

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    There is a guy by the name of Terry Hoots in NC that specializes in 2nd gen Ram 50 / MMM trucks. He is out on FB in most of the forums, but I am not sure if he is on here. Try him for what you need.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    There is a guy by the name of Terry Hoots in NC that specializes in 2nd gen Ram 50 / MMM trucks. He is out on FB in most of the forums, but I am not sure if he is on here. Try him for what you need.

Thanks appreciate it!