Status
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G72

6G72/5 Speed Manual Swap Options

Hey guys!

im new here but not new to my ‘92 4x4. I’ve had it for over 20 years. I simply can’t get rid of it, nor do I want to. Anywho... my 6G72 finally blew its first head gasket at 238,000. I will most likely redo the head gasket, I’m just wondering if there are any other Mits motors that bolt up to my 5 speed trans?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Pretty sure the 3.8 Mivec will bolt up but requires all the engine management stuff to make it operational. It is a BEAST of an upgrade. One member here has done the swap and it goes hard. Wish I could remember which thread it was...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G72
    That’s freaking perfect! A quick google search led me to a YouTube video claiming the worlds first Mivec Mighty Max. Red truck. Looks beastly!!! It showed the underneath and looks to bolt up to the 5speed 4x4 trans.

I will replace the head gasket for now but I will be looking at doing this motor swap for sure. Hopefully I can contact the guy. Thanks!

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Word.