Array
    Status
    Hanford, Ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Repair manuals

Looking for opinions, I have a 1990 MM with a 1994 2.4 motor in it. I’ve been manual shopping (factory manuals) I guess my question is, should I get both volumes for each year or should I just get the engine/chassis manual for 94 and electrical manual for 90? Any experience would be appreciated.

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    This doesn't answer your specific question, but in case you haven't seen this, there are lots of manuals available for download here:
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...-Manual-inside

If you're not sure of which engine you have, geezer101 seems to be an expert at identifying them, if you provide a few details. Hopefully he'll see this and can help you out.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Not me. Later trucks aren't my speciality. I do recall something about the 90 truck having a different ECU and some ancillary hardware that wasn't used in other year builds and it caused headaches...?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I saw this question on facebook - I suggest looking at the wiring around the ECM to see if it has 2 or 3 plugs, and if the wires are spliced on the ecm plugs. Since the engne and ecm would have needed to be swapped, it is a matter of determining if they swapped the engine harness with the motor, or spliced the correct plugs to use the 94 ecm
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980