Array
    Status
    Southern Illinois
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Other

1986 Ram 50 4x4 2.6

Im resurrecting grandpa's 1986 Ram 50 4x4 manual 2.6. From what ive read on here it appears to have a blown head gasket and probably a cracked head. What does everyone do? Aftermarket head? Do you guys sell parts on here? Ive also noticed guys referring to the 2.6 as a G58B? Whats the reference here? I can use all the help i can get. I know nothing about this truck other than i love it and i recall some great times in it with my grandparents. Cant wait to drive my kids around in it. Thanks guys!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    We don't 'sell' parts as a provider/vendor but members do sell individual used parts. There's a thread on here about online parts suppliers that they have personally bought cylinder heads from which is helpful as it'll let you know in advance what you're getting yourself into and how much etc. The 2.6 engine is the 'G54B' Astron made by Mitsubishi and there are 2 generations of engine. Be warned that the manifolds and valve cover do not swap between the 2 types due to different bolt patterns and the roof height of the valve covers (they swap one way only and the rockers can strike the inside of the cover)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    We also love pics - condition not important. Your 1986 Power Ram 50 uses a hydraulic lash adjustor style head. Clearwater head, CNS, and a few others sell a complete head with valves, springs, rocker assembly with lash adjusters ready to bolt on for in the 400 - 500 range. Be sure to buy new head bolts, as these head bolts are torque to yield, and cannot be reused. Use a quality gasket set, and retorque after 500 miles and you will be set.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I replaced my 2.0 head with these guys. https://www.ramscyl.com/
    Looks like the 2.6 has a 2 and a 3 valve head. you will have to figure that out. As I recall the guy on the phone was knowledgeable and helpful. Mine bolted right on and worked fine. I got new bolts at teh Mitsubishi dealer. You have to look under mitsu on that link. These things are the same as a Mighty Max.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The 3 valve is not a Mitsubishi head, but the Mazda 2600. Same block but opposite configuration.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Southern Illinois
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Other
    Thanks a lot guys! I will try and get some pics uploaded. Its been a great truck and ive got a long road ahead of me fixing it, but itll be well worth it. Thanks again.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    the jet valve heads are considered 3 valve heads by some - but not really a 3 valve head like a ford triton motor.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    the jet valve heads are considered 3 valve heads by some - but not really a 3 valve head like a ford triton motor.
    Yeah, my bad. I didn't consider a jet valve head to be a genuine '3 valve' but that's from hanging around these engine for too long lol.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I don't either, but some of the writeups call the jet valve a 3rd valve, so they count it as such.
    Pennyman1