Array
    Status
    MKE, WI
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72

Sport Bar Revival

So I managed to save what I am pretty certain is an original 1987 Sport bar the eternal rot. I'm looking forward to restoring it this summer. Ill upload images of it in bit when I can uncover it and get photos.

Until then here's what I've worked on. The cross braces where the "Ram 50" decal where removed, but they where drilled out pretty okay so I'm not too worried.

I was thinking about doing something a bit spicier than the bland white Ram 50 logo that they came with. I thought a play on its counterpart would be fun.

I haven't decided which version I'm gonna go with yet, so If anybody wants to cast their vote feel free. I may even try some other versions.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Fun fact - before 1984 there was no corporate affiliated branch of Mitsubishi tuning, but a small company in Australia was turning out performance and cosmetic aftermarket mods for Mitsubishi under the name 'Tirell'. The business logo was a red and yellow chevron in solid colours. Mitsubishi bought them out, changed the logo slightly into the 'radiator bar' version of the original Tirell logo and Ralliart was born. Ralliart operated from 1984 to 2010.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    What's the maximum speed limit on Australian's open roads?

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    130kph, till recently there was a bit with no limit

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Speed limits were standardised to 110kph except on one road that 'was' unlimited - the Stuart Highway that goes through the centre of Australia into the Northern Territory from South Australia. There's some confusion about the information online. Northern Territory has a capped limit on some rural roads at 130kph. The unlimited deresetriction limit was changed after a cannon-ball run style race experienced a fatal crash involving a Ferrari F40 where 4 people were killed.
    Last edited by geezer101; 04-18-2022 at 02:35 PM.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Ralliart sports bar How Cool ~ it would be useful to mount lights for night driving on Australia's130kmh Track

Array
    Status
    MKE, WI
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    That is a fun fact indeed. Thank you Geezer.

Sorry I haven't updated yet, but starting on the bar involves some barn clean out.

I go back and forth on whether or not i'm gonna put lights up top, but there is a strong chance It'll happen, Which then turns into rectangle or round.

My two biggest hurdles at the moment are finding an air filter box to replace the ridiculous cone filter that the previous owner put on & tracking down a black bumper that isnt smashed up.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You can always get a new chrome one and vinyl wrap it in black. I think mounting square or rectangle off road lights will suit the shape of the truck.

Array
    Status
    MKE, WI
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Until I can get to the real work I figured I'd sketch a rendering of what it could look like.

Attached Images

Array
    Status
    VA
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Looks cool. The one on my truck is in pretty good shape.. gone to remove the rust and repaint it this summer

Array
    Status
    MKE, WI
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72

Change in plans!

Short version:
    came across an ad for this and well... you all know, thats why your all here. I couldnt pass up an SPX. So Im going to put my '87 Light bar on this '88. Ill be making a different graphic for the side. Im considing the "SPX" pin stripe logo from the Tailgate with "Mighty Max" in white behind it. Ill play around with it.

Long Version:
    My brother's Jeep is falling apart, and I loaned him the Ram 50 to get to work for the week. He didnt even make it through the week before texting "I Love this truck will you sell it to me." It took me a long tim to find that truck, and its my favorite version so the answer was no at first. When I was in college my Cherokee got stolen and wrecked and he just gave me his old honda accord to get through my last year, I had to pay back the favor. In the end it was only gonna be 10 minutes down the road and in good hands. Also, It may not be my first pick, but a macrocab 4wd SPX is still Awesome!!! The guy that was selling it was a super nice guy, he had other projects, and this thing needs some work but its certainly worth saving.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    MKE, WI
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Pic from hauling it home
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    A nice find! You scored a good SPX macro and inducted a new member to the MR50 scene simultaneously. A win all round I'd say...