Array
    Status
    Christiansted, Virgin Islands
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Post Mighty Max build in the Virgin Islands

Hey, everyone, this is my first time on a forum ever, but I must admit that this site has been a major to helping me get my Max running properly.

I bought it off a guy that thought the transmission was the problem. He said to give him 800 or less. I paid him about $600 and I took it. Tranny wasn't the problem at all. It just wouldn't put out enough power to move.

After a ton load of troubleshooting and tinkering, I finally got it running and I love it. The Max is replacing a Mazda I had previously that got stolen.

My plans are to tighten up all loose ends, and in the meantime, I'm preparing a Honda J-series V6 to go into it. Which is the reason I joined this site so that I can share my build but also get advice and assistance with my build along the way.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome to the forum, VIMM. It sounds like you got a good deal, and we're always happy to hear yet another of these trucks has an appreciative owner.

Since you're somewhat familiar with the forum, you know we want pictures!

For support and assistance, you've certainly come to the right place. And if this is your first forum experience, you'll find it sets the bar for how a good forum operates.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Sorry to hear your Mazda B got stolen (no trial - straight to execution...) The Honda engine will be an interesting build. Luckily it seems that it's not that bigger deal to set it up for RWD as there are a few of them around. This particular swap is unknown territory for the site. Mostly we get DSM swaps, the rare Mivec 3.8 and small block V8 installs. Keep us posted, ask questions and take pics!
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Happy New Year & Welcome VI_Mightymax

I would be interested in any tricks, hints or experience of materials & workmanship you have with fighting body & frame rust from island living...

Array
    Status
    Christiansted, Virgin Islands
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    For sure I'll get some photos up pretty soon. My original intentions was to drop a K-series 4 cylinder Honda out of RSX,TSX, etc but what ended up happening is my brother in California had the J-series V6 sitting in the shop and gave it to me. So my plans are to build the motor is to build a ITB intake, swap out cams, lightweight crank nothing major. Now that I have the Max with an auto I'm actually considering keeping it so after realizing that the automatic is based on a Chrysler platform I'll attempt to build it up to make it suffice for the V6.

Its gonna be a work in progress, right now I'll be doing minor detailing of the body and interior. I have two other projects that I gotta get done so I can make some money on them.

Rust here in the Virgin Islands is inevitable, especially on these Jap trucks. Mines is pretty good in terms of the body. The rear cab behind the driver is rotten out because the vent at the back of the cab came out and was allowing water to get down in that corner and the front corner of the passenger side where the air duct connects at the windshield gut is horrible! Other than that there are spots around the bed and hood but nothing I'm afraid of.

I'll definitely post pics of rust repair and I'm working on vlogging my fab work so we'll see how that goes. I just need a concrete floor, my property where I do my work is nothing but dirt.