Array
    Status
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T

Project Nifty 50

Hello all, Thank you for allowing me to join you all! I have found a handful of great information in the small amount of time I have spent browsing all of the threads. I picked this project truck up in June of 2018. It has been nothing short of correcting "half-assed" repairs from previous owners, but I can say I have been enjoying myself. The plans here in the near future are an engine overhaul. This poor 4d55t has more blow-by than I'm willing to admit. Following the greasy mess, I will be doing all new upholstery on the entire interior. Wish me luck! Thank you in advance for any and all help! Hopefully I am able to return the favor in some way!
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Your truck looks amazing. Someone went to a lot of effort to get the body and paint up to scratch. Undoing ugly ghetto fixes goes with the territory with our trucks. No doubt you'll find things that will leave you wondering what the PO's were thinking. At first glance it looks like there a number of upgrades and mods that have been done to it. Feedback on what you've found so far would be interesting (things you think are solid and others you're ready to tear out and throw in the trash can turn out to be helpful tips for members) Are you going for a custom retrim with different seats or a resto? As with all noobs - ask questions, take pics and keep us posted with your progress
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Thank you geezer 101. The guy I bought it from had two others. He had a former career on the body work industry. He had shaved off the front side marker lights. Headlughts have been exchanged for a generic brand led setup. It jas the 4D55T motor that i plan on rebuilding. As for the i,terior I have started to go the custom route.1222182033.jpg1224181850.jpg

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Happy New Year & Welcome here Mr. ithecook17

Wherever you go with your neat truck, someone will often say: "COOL TRUCK..."

Array
    Status
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxrox View Post
    Happy New Year & Welcome here Mr. ithecook17

Wherever you go with your neat truck, someone will often say: "COOL TRUCK..."
    Oh yes, that has already began! Happy new year to you as well!

Array
    Status
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Quick update, drove and picked up a parts truck for,some parts for the project. Question is... What should I do with the rest of the truck, part it out or sell it whole? Any thoughts?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Be warned - there are some parts that are straight up impossible to get in good shape. Yes it's a PITA to store spares but regret starts the week after you've sold something. The good thing is that a bunch of the mechanicals from Gen 2's are a nut and bolt swap and usually result in an upgrade. Some of the Gen 1 mechanicals are not easy to source - simple stuff like brake shoes etc that are now classed as obsolete.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function