Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Throttle cable replacement

Will be changing out my throttle cable on G63b and wanted to know if there is anything to look out for before doing so?? . I have changed the speedo cable already as well.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    This one's a no-brainer. Wind out the adjuster nut all the way, hook up the pedal end first and then connect the throttle linkage end on the carb. Wind the slack out of it and lock the adjusting nut up. Done. If you have doubts that you're not getting full throttle, you can always bend the throttle arm on the pedal slightly further away from the firewall (shouldn't need it but it's a fail safe if you have a crappy throttle cable)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Ok thanks geezer. Just wanted some insight on it. Never changed one out.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    All good. The bonus of an older vehicle is having access and scope of adjustment. I've seen some new cars have no adjustment on them and are notorious for stretching cables. End up needing a whole new cable if you can't build a spacer or some kind of mount
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function