Array
    Status
    utah
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

problem with g63b

having an issue it seems the from of my crank is moving in a circle motion what could it be?

Array
    Status
    Missouri
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Sounds horrible,,, mine stays stationary and the truck rotates around it. try turning the starter around, might help

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Oooh, ohh-kaaay. Does your G63B have a harmonic balancer? It could be dead. If it's a normal pulley it might be damaged from not being mounted properly or just abused from poor installation. The only way you could have a crank end run out of true is from severe lateral impact. My G63B seized and the crank twisted from the main journal between #1 and #2 cylinders and it was still true. Need to take off the pulley and get a dial gauge indicator onto it to confirm if it's bent.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    First check to make sure the center bolt is tight.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    utah
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    i checked its definitely tight ill have to check the balancer i was told its normal but to me it seems like it shouldnt move that much... its actualy crazy turns out i need a new alternator pully bearing cause its binding a bit i added some wd40 and it helped a little i guess it justs needs a little maintenance thanks for the help guys

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Also don't take it at face value the pulley is true. If it's running out of centre enough to be noticed there's definitely something wrong...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function