Thread: ◇NTD◇ 1982 Dodge Ram50 Custom

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Looks good. Maybe add some concealed tie down loops so you have something to anchor ropes or ratchet straps to. No turn signals?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Utah, USA
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Solid eye geezer101. I have the lights, but havent yet made the cut outs. Since my reverse lights have a wiring snafu, I just wired the turn signals to each, temporarily. It was a quick decision just to get it out of a warehouse that was being torn down.

I did like the idea of the bars, like most rollbacks have, but I might just do traditional weld on pockets for wood sides.
    It would be nice to weld some receivers for tubes that could double as tent structure for a good canvas, while camping. Josh

Array
    Status
    Utah, USA
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Well... Small update. Got the sides, and headache rack on. Given the chance to do it again, I would have changed a few things, but it will do.

It still needs a few things, add ons, and such. Although, I am pretty pleased with its versitility already.
    The bed will come off this summer, and I will spray the truck frame to make it look better.

Now, onto some engine mods. Plus, my steering, and front suspension is about due for some work.
    This has been the ongoing project truck, but I mostly enjoy it all. Josh
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Looks awesome - all business. You did a great job of fabbing up the deck, now for the endless stream of 'friends' needing something moved on the weekend
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Utah, USA
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Thanks... A flatbed makes it so my tow truck doesnt have to do as much work.
    Just a lot of odd things that need to be strapped down, I suppose.

Well, it didnt take long for me to get sick of the bench seat. It is so limiting, that the back bar wont allow me to put my subwoofer back there.

So out with the bench. Now, I have been reading about seat upgrades, but I didnt really want to have something too shitty.
    I read somewhere that Montero seats can be made to fit with some fab work, so I decided to look for Montero 1st gen seats, or Montero Sport seats.

Off to the junkyard I went. They had 3 Montero Sports, and no 1st gen Monteros. I didnt really want 1st gen Montero seats anyway.
    Well, the Montero Sports were pretty much stripped, and the seats were all junk.

Knowing I might have to recover the seats, I decided to pull the trigger and check the fit.
    Well, 3 mounts on the drivers seat line up, and 2 from the passenger seat.
    That was enough for me. Oddly enough, they only had a Limited model with leather seats, so I decided screw it, lets try it.

Well, I still have some mount work, and the driver seat needs repair. Here it is, Montero Sport seats in a 1st gen Mighty Max. Josh
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Wow that drivers seat is thrashed. Bucket/sports seats are so much nicer to live with. Worse case scenario you can put a cover over them for the time being (shag pile door trims?) Wonder if the front half of Monty floor carpets will be any good to replace the stuff in a Gen 1...

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    So you got your seats from a Montero, and your door cards from a mountain goat... I see what you did there, nice touch
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Utah, USA
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    You should see the sheep skin type covers that I have lying around. Straight vintage from the 80's, and still smell great.

Well... Until now the Ram50 has been great for hauling to and from work, but it hasnt been tested at distance.
    This weekend I am driving out neae the Moab area, and we will see how it handles the journey.

Recently just changed fuel filter, about 1500 miles into an oil change, plus with good tires.
    Transmission oil has about 1500 miles on it, clutch is the same.
    There are still plenty of things that needs to be tackled for my creature comfort reasons, but I am eager to see it accomplish the trip.

No motorcycle this time, so the bed will be less than half loaded. It will be a good chance to see how it functions during a car-camp trip vs being loaded up. Josh

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I like your truck & the seat trick

Edit: Did you reuse the original seat belts..? Thanks for sharing the Montero seat information...
    Last edited by xboxrox; 04-08-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Array
    Status
    Utah, USA
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Okay.... So, it has been more than 4 years since my last post. I've decided to give some updates on the Ram50 and share some ideas for the near future.
    Later this week, I will take some more pics to show what a few years of wear and tear feels like. Josh

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234