Thread: ◇NTD◇ 1982 Dodge Ram50 Custom

Array
    Status
    Utah, USA
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    The engine I am going with is a Mitsubishi 3 cylinder, 1 liter L3E indirect injection diesel engine that I found used.
    I like the idea of the original truck, so I plan on using the original transmission, and transfercase setup, with the original driveshafts.

At the moment, I am in the process of designing engine mounts, basically based off the original mounts, reangled for the new engine.
    I found a local company to help make my engine converter plate, and flywheel adaptor ring.

Due to these engines being pretty high revving, I tried to chose the highest rpm diesel engine I could find.
    Even so, 3500 rpms is a far cry from 6500 rpms, and the gearing will make things a bit difficult.

I will be running pretty large tires to combat this anyway possible, but these trucks arent that kind to lift kits more than 2 inches.
    That being said, the more gears the better. I am unsure of the rear diff/front diff ratio, and what types of options there might even be available.

Array
    Status
    Utah, USA
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Here is the engine I will be going with, the L3E. Reasons I chose the L3E are because I wanted to keep it Mitsubishi, and couldnt afford the 1.3 Mitsubishi diesel.

At $800, the little L3E will help this truck live on, and be unique.
    Plus, I might just blow this thing up at some point pushing its limits

Here I am just testing some angles. It will be mounted slighty slanted to sort of match the angle of the original engine mounts.
    This way I can cut the engine subframe, and reangle the mounts to offer a more vertical engine mounting position from the original engine.
    Realistically, the engine could possibly be mounted completely vertical, but we'll see what I decide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180727_175926.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	21481   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180908_184236.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	294.5 KB 
ID:	21482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180910_153945.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	295.3 KB 
ID:	21483  

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    At almost double the engine capacity, this critter is going to chase goats off mountains all day long. Good luck with the swap. This is such a great little truck project
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net Get perks and donations $15 USD and over receive official MightyRam50.Net window decals

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123