Thread: My Minor

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Looks sweet.Must be nice with Spring coming on down there.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Through the gorge there is always cold and wet. The local tribe is called Tuhoe which means Children of the mist. It must have been real hard country in the old days. My dad spent alot of time fur trapping up in there, 3 months at a time long before cell phones or plb's, if the helicopter couldn't come it would be a few days hike out

Array
    Status
    Raymond New Hampshire, USA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    That looks like some absolutely amazing riding. Really cool to ride down a road your great grandfather built by hand. Must be surreal.
    How did that front tire do?

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Bike handled pretty well, gets a little death wobbly in the deep gravel, but I think that's to be expected, just have to muscle it and take care. Had a few stones ringing though the front fender but nothing too bad. Handled the muddy parts and the river crossings very well.
    I love that area, it just feels like I belong there

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Pretty windy coming back from the east coast the other day. Had me knocking right back down the gears in headwinds and I said nah that's not cool.

When I got home I ordered a 150cc big block kit. It only cost $80 nzd so pretty cheap for a barrel, piston, rings and gaskets etc, even came with some viton valve seals. I weighed the bike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191031_082432.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	307.3 KB 
ID:	23629
    And myself and went and did some Gtech runs. The data graphs weren't very good but showed the ticket 11ho is about right.
    Then when I got home I swapped in the 150 kit and took it for a warm up run.
    Seems to have a bit more in the middle, same top speed as expected but I can probably gear it up a bit now. Pulled the plug after a wot run and it's a nice light brown. Will get home now plugs tomorrow and do some further testing.

Array
    Status
    Raymond New Hampshire, USA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Talk about inexpensive parts! I'm scared to know what that thing weighs, because I'm almost certain I weigh more

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The cops will never pick up on the increase of cc's but it probably doesn't matter. Did it come with a rejet kit and spacer?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net Get perks and donations $15 USD and over receive official MightyRam50.Net window decals

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Increase in cc would be picked up at WOF check if they were pedantic.

New quality rings installed. They looked better than the previous ones. I goofed a little when I checked what jetting an en150 has +same carb #115 main jet. I was sure the GN took a 115 jet as well, but it turns out it's a 110 so must have gone lean on the big hill as well.

Put it all together yesterday again and put in a #120 (baggie of jets I bought forgot to put the #115 in. Typical)

Have a wideband welded into the exhaust. Running rich on WOT. So will scrounge up a #115 and she how we go

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Scrounged up a #115 main jet and went for a tootle around the back roads.
    It's on the rich side of a good tune right though the range so maybe a 112.5 if there is such a thing. So I'm thinking it must have only jjjjuuuuussssttt leaned out at WOT. Will keep the jets in my pocket and the wideband in the bike for a while and see how she goes. Pretty warm today so may be a good tune outside of summer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12