patched the rear
    new headlight bulb
    new brake bulb
    oil change
    clean air filter
    polish
    reblack plastics

Tidy profit

sold to 2 ladies who want to be scooter buddies. I thought the one riding it home was the one that could ride. She pretty much right away whisky throttled it into the fence, stopping just short. Is now wobbling down the road in the dark. Terrifying tbh

at least the car will be following and its light traffic

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Buy it back for $100 when they total it
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other

125cc suzuki twist and go i bought a while ago with no compression and no oil in it. piston, rings and a dingleball hone and i took it on a 10 day trip down to the top of the south island, and all over the 4wd tracks that adventure bikers tell me are so hard. Twist and go just twist and went, totally stock apart from a more knobbly front tyre (nothing would fit on the rear so thats just a road tyre), a 12v usb port, and a front rack for extra fuel

went really well, amazed, it only has 12cm of ground clearance and it was never an issue

had a couple of issues
    the fan exploded for some reason. i was only just cruising along when it happend, so must have been damaged, or just old i guess. made some roadisde repairs and continued on with a vibrating bike.

eventually the seal on that side started leaking, probably the bearings are fine. But i bought another parts bike incase it makes bad sounds now. the baffles in the exhaust all came loose, and both the petcock and the press in float needle valve started leaking, so i swapped the carb and got a new petcock

now to sell - one lady owner, never thrashed

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks for sharing tortron ~ wife and me really enjoyed the beauty of your swell photos

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Last edited by tortron; 03-20-2023 at 12:42 PM.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Screenshot_20230320_215409.jpg

Screenshot_20230320_215424.jpg

Went on a small bike ride during a weather event
    Last edited by tortron; 03-20-2023 at 12:40 PM.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Screenshot_20230320_215646.jpg

Fixed this, so it's what I'm currently riding

Here's an Sr20de +t in my wingroad, all factory parts so its all bolt in, you just have to do some deep diving

Screenshot_20230320_215829.jpg

Needs a little more time spent on it, engine to come out and get new gaskets, and a few little bits. Weather has generally been terrible for months so haven't had a chance to do much
    Last edited by tortron; 03-20-2023 at 12:39 PM.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    "Ain't Life Grand"

Your tiny house is awesone ~ did you build most of it & if so well done tortron..!

Your motorcycle is cool too ~ is it a Yamaha 650cc or ?

Glad you're back posting ~ am hoping geezer has more time here as well...

Aloha ~ George

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    I built the whole thing except for the concrete pour and laying/connecting the sewer. I dug the foundation with a shovel and wheelbarrow lol.

Purple bike is a 1992 kawasaki zzr250, cheap because the guy couldn't get it running right. Turns out he replaced the carb manifold rubbers. Which is good, but it turns out the reproduction ones are a slightly different diameter and if you use the original clamps they bottom out just before getting tight enough to seal. So it always had a vacuum leak issue. I then had to reject as he had put bigger jets in to compensate. Goes great now. I actually bought a second one, also for cheap cos not running, that one was a pinched wire under the handlebar causing the main fuse to blow. Going to paint that one bright green as a kawasaki should be.
    Several other motorcycles have come and gone. Here's one I got for my wife. Required the lower triple being bent back into alignment, apparently was big business for the dealers to replace them as they are very soft
    Screenshot_20230322_210128_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20230322_210146_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

I also did some work on my adv GN. Rebuilt the engine with 150cc kit, the piston was machined to have bigger valve pockets. Fitted a dr125 head which has considerably bigger ports, valves, and springs. It's an open combustion chamber type so unfortunately quite low final compression, and it's difficult to do any better with the supplied piston as its a poor shape for all applications (I don't know why they sell it). So although it has more power than stock, it was still kind of dissapointing off the line, then some stuttering around 7-8k rpm, both of which I think I could improve with a direct put pumper carb. But then it really ripped from 8 to 10000rpm. The big valves really work well with the big cam.
    So for now I'm going to put a dr125 piston in a standard barrel and run a slightly higher compression ration than stock. I think that should be a good little ripper with the big cam for now, at least until I get to stripping a 6 speed bottom end and building a stroker

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    tortron you really get into mechanicals wow..! I am nearing my 75th birthday and dream about having a motorcycle (not smart) am held back from MC dream coz I only have a parking spot for our truck ~ would need ramps crane etc load offload device to keep the bike in the truck bed... I am happy to know you're still thriving thanks for sharing...

Keep Safe Bro
    George

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    This turned into a bit of a - well, while I'm in there

Top points if you can guess what it's from
    IMG_20230529_135049.jpg

I actually had an oops changing a $2 oring on the distributor. It has an offset drive so it can only go in one way........ Except it can go in the wrong way and then flexes the rear of the head and camshaft in an impressive way. Juuusssst bent the last exhaust valve enough that it would stick when warmed up. Oh well, got everything on clearance so that's cool, timing belt is due and got that for $12

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    BMW cylinder head ?

Who painted the trike bike ~ it's pretty now !!

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Nope, not audi either.

I painted it. Candy apple red over silver flake and the white is snowflake pearl. The lettering is gold leaf too

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Awesome painting Dude !

The cylinder head is from a Scotch Yoke Engine ?

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    hmm, doesn't look diesel or volvo,
    Ahhhhh... Acura vigor 2.5 tl.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxrox View Post
    Awesome painting Dude !

The cylinder head is from a Scotch Yoke Engine ?
    You have the same youtube recommended as me

Quote Originally Posted by claych View Post
    hmm, doesn't look diesel or volvo,
    Ahhhhh... Acura vigor 2.5 tl.

Very close. It's a Honda ascot, with the 2L instead
    I just noticed that the last cambelt 100,000km ago was installed wrong. They obviously set it up as a clockwise engine, but despite being a north south setup, this engine still rotates counter clockwise.
    100,000km with the cambelt set at the 10degree btdc mark, impressive it only has 1 bent valve

Japanese market car only, but there's a few here, not so many now as the engine and gearbox layout was pretty unpopular with mechanics. So a lot more than should have got told nah can't fix mate

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Very cool!!
    2L 5cyl ! I bet that thing revs to the moon lol.

And I agree with xbox that trike paint is superlative!

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    done a few things since, some bikes, small projects, finished the little house
    heres a bike i have just done, will probably 2 tone the tank to match before putting decals on

green with gold pearl, gold pinstripes and decals, and metallic pearl with yes ticked on how much pearl i wanted (its actually some leftover paint from a nissan dualis i painted a while ago, its horrible paint, frys up if you even look at it funny)

bike had a rough life, so i put about 80 hours into repairing, prepping, and painting till clear coat. over about 2 months when the baby is sleeping. which sounds a lot, but maybe 20 was just plastic welding and making new tabs, had to get a new tank as it was rusted out on every surface, i have never seen that before. many layers of primer filler, a couple coats of white 2k to seal it and give a nice base for the green to pop on. 3 coats of green, 3 coats of clear, resand and tape up, 3 coats black, pinstripes and decals on, 4 coats of clear.
    its ok for a shed paint job i reckon (yes thats a second purple one in the background, its a great bike for a 250, i want to sell both of them and get a bigger brother to it)

Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    At my age 76 in July a motorcycle would be COOL so zzr bike is it a Kawasaki ?
    You do nice work tortron looks great
    Daily Overhauls Do Get Expensive

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Yup it's a kawasaki. The zzr became the ninja later on

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678