Array
    Status
    tri cities tn
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63

Stop! In the name of love...

I have seen a bunch of suggestions about brake upgrades. I should be good on my clearance issues for the time being and was wondering what everyone's thoughts were.

This looks like a reasonable option https://www.carid.com/raybestos/prof...6&url=17696941 to get new calipers twin piston and then just doing some new slotted rotors. I'm just weighing junk yard pulling montero sport hardware vs time and money.

I am wanting to get my handling and braking dialed in before i dig into my turbo and stuff. (even though there is a deal on a turbo eclipse with a bad transmission right now that has the missing bits I need. ) ( I figure if I am patient I will find another deal )

I also can't decide what to do with my rear end. I basically am wanting a 240 to 310 hp drift truck. So I can't decide if I really want to go fast or just go sideways.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It's a reasonable price but you need to supply a change-over core. I'm using after market 14" steel off-road wheels and they just clear the twin pistons I'm using due to the offset. I'd definitely use slotted rotors and the deals on ebay are good. I have a feeling the brake pads are cross compatible from single and twin piston brakes so you can get a deal with ceramic pads thrown in (check part numbers first). What you're really going to need is an LSD rear end and a decent tyre + wheel package. Lower your truck 2.5" and it will dial in your front camber to 1.5 degrees (I would still have spare spacer shims on hand to tweak it)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    tri cities tn
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63
    I'm spaced an inch and a half right now. If I do a Montero rear end am I going to have to either step down half an inch in the front on each side or step up a half inch to match up my front and rear footprints

Array
    Status
    tri cities tn
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63
    Out in rear or in, in front. Is what I'm asking looking at posts about Montero rear size

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    That is some big offset up front. I would recommend a steering damper to soak up the bump steer or it's going to have a mind of it's own on jittery roads. I had a little Lancer fastback with big offset wheels and although it handled like a go-kart, a rut in the road meant a DIY lane change if you weren't ready for it. I would reduce the rear spacing to accommodate the Monty rear end (I'm pretty sure the Monty rear has a wider track)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    tri cities tn
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63
    It really isn't bad on bumps. waiting to see what it looks like rides like when I get it lowered and the camber changed.

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    is a DSM motor a 'good' choice for drifting ?
    Isn't that bouncing off the limiter, with lots of extended high rpm and clutch kicking ?
    Luv my mitsu 4s, but.....

Array
    Status
    tri cities tn
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63
    Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    is a DSM motor a 'good' choice for drifting ?
    Isn't that bouncing off the limiter, with lots of extended high rpm and clutch kicking ?
    Luv my mitsu 4s, but.....
    With what she has now any thought of rain makes her a drift queen. and once i get it a little lower and tighter in the suspension should be even better. Plus turbo and the sorts but I don't think I even need that for what I want. I'm not Ken Block. Just a grown kid that likes to get my grins from something with a motor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYqltnjY1Bk

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The engines are solid and proven. The bottom ends are literally the stuff of legend. Biggest issue with using DSM now is the wiring loom. They end up with breaks in the circuits that cause intermittent faults that can be hard to track down due to age fatigue. You can wring crazy amounts of power of them and finding parts to rebuild and mod them is a no brainer.