Array
    Status
    Christiana, PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8

Bought a 84 Mighty Max 29,990 miles

I'm in the process of doing a 1st Gen 5.9 magnum swap and was surfing around the net for parts when I stumbled across this 1983 Mighty Max garage kept with under 30,000 miles. I couldn't believe it, I only hear stories of people finding these low mileage Gen ones. I called off work and drove two hours to be the first one to look at and I made it. With a walk around the truck I could instantly tell this was a low mileage vehicle. I made an offer and a counter offer from the owner I laid out the cash and bough my second little truck, one Dodge , one Mitsubishi. Here is a couple of pics I took while I was there. After I get it all clean up I will post more.

I'm still in disbelief I scored this little gem.
    IMG_20181029_112259.jpgIMG_20181029_112245.jpgIMG_20181029_112307.jpg

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G61
    That's very nice.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Awesome. It is surprising that 'survivor' trucks still exist. Too bad the PO blew holes in the crash padding with that awful hunk of timber otherwise it was in really good shape. You could probably pull the carpet out and give it a big clean and it would look passable. And it is a Mitsubishi? That seems rare in itself. Wonder how a left hook Mitsubishi made it into the states... this is a base model truck, not even a radio.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Christiana, PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Awesome. It is surprising that 'survivor' trucks still exist. Too bad the PO blew holes in the crash padding with that awful hunk of timber otherwise it was in really good shape. You could probably pull the carpet out and give it a big clean and it would look passable. And it is a Mitsubishi? That seems rare in itself. Wonder how a left hook Mitsubishi made it into the states... this is a base model truck, not even a radio.
    I was bummed about the dash also, first one I had seen that wasn't cracked one the left side. The actual owner is in a nursing home and purchased it from their power of attorney and didn't get any real history. Sounds like he was into CB radios which could explain the wood on the dash.

He also bolted wood to the front and rear bumpers. I'm not as familiar with the Mitsubishis as the Dodges, but the rear bumper is pretty cool, it has a larger flat area, step or ball mount, what ever it's called, but it has Mitsubishi inscribed in large letters.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    In that good of shape and in PA as well - that is a miracle! A good upholstery shop maybe can patch the holes to make it presentable. Mitsubishi started importing under their own name in the fall of 82 as 83 models, but their dealership network was small at that time - still is. There was another low mile Mitsubishi truck that sold recently for 12K with 7k on the odometer. A truck like yours as the base truck listed for a little over 5k new. Great find - we need more pics - make a gallery entry of as much as you can - original trucks like this unmolested are hard to find!
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Agreed.This is a rarity and is one of those trucks that stands out. There would be plenty of guys who'd want all the Mitsubishi insignia on their D-50's but yours is the real deal!
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    THAT is one COOL truck; it takes a lot to make me jealous but you did IT Love the color & I hope it gets great MPG for you too..! YOU did GOOD..!

Maybe some tiny rubber stoppers can be inserted into the dash holes (model paint to color match) these type: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...lugs&FORM=QBIR

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    gee, so clean. Musta slept under carport most of its life

Array
    Status
    Christiana, PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    I just got the truck home, once I get it out of the trailer I will take some more pics.