Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

1978 Yamaha IT 175

So I bought what I think is a 78 or 79 Yamaha IT 175, for $70, my intentions was to use the engine on a 1978 Yamaha MX 175 I had, but after I bought the bike, I found out that I was better off not doing that because 1. The bike was bigger, and built different and 2. It was a complete bike, minus the "excess" plastic and lights (Which I plan on replacing). Compared to my MX, this bike has some balls, I Just ride bikes for the hell of it, not that I am racing them or doing competitions, but just for some fun on the weekends. But I have never had a bike that will lift the front wheel off the ground, full throttle in 3rd. Yes it is a Two-Stroke, but I live in Idaho, so they aren't outlawed, yet. But I also have a question for you guys who deal with the DMV on a regular basis. I got the bike without a title, but I need to have stickers to ride it on state land (Trails, motorcycle parks .etc) How do I go about getting a off road sticker? Do I need a title? It said it was last stickered in Utah in 04.

Thanks,
    Andrew
    motorcycle.jpgmoto 3.jpgmoto4.jpgmoto2.jpg

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Yes, you need to get the title and get it transferred to you name so you can register it and get a sticker.

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    So what would I do to obtain a Title, I heard that you could just simply take the vin number, the bill of sale, and have the bike in the back of the truck, just in case, and then just tell them that you have no title, and then they will do a check to see if it is stolen, and then if all is good, they will give you a title for it. With my truck, The title was still in there and I contaced the owner and he gave me a bill of sale and the title, but the DMV told us we could not contact him when we went to verify he was the last owner.

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    So I got an Oregon sticker on my bike, I just had to give them the vin and they gave me a sticker. I got a K&N air filter off of a car that fits the intake on the bike, bit was hard to do, but I eventually got it to work, and I just capped off the other side of the filter. It still has some issues, such as a LOT of oil/gas leaks, Gas leaks from the overflow, but IDK why, I cannot get it to stop, I figured I should just cut the flow down on the line a little. And it is a SOB to get started, but once it is it runs like crazy, I think I have it figured out though, the guy who had it did not put the CDI wires in there little holder and they rubbed on the chain, so I was getting spark, but it was weak until the bike moved. It leaks oil from the crankcase seals (It has no dipstick, (tranny uses tranny oil), so I filled it with ATF until it came out of the hole, I found out it was way too much.

Riding it was fun, but I could not keep my air filter to stay on, at first, zip ties were not strong enough, and the hose clap I had was torn up, but I just put a new clamp on it, so It should stay. I think a top end rebuild, bore and hone will need to be done, as the top end rattles alot, and I think it has low compression, but I have never had a good two stroke before to see how it is supposed to feel when you kick it over.

Besides all that, it runs great, I want to race my friends 1972 Honda XL250, I am pretty sure it will whoop its ass, I plan on taking it to our local dirt bike track tomorrow to get a better feel for it.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    This was my other toy but sold it because I just did not ride it enough 2000 Ducati M900. The guy that bought it from me crashed it 3 days later. Then wanted to know if I had sent in the sale form to DMV. Yep it was done the day of the sale. 7 years with out a scratch and in 3 days it was gone.. He side swiped a car on the freeway.

m1_03.jpg
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Wow, I plan to have this bike for some time. I am not a hard core dirt biker, but I like to go to the local enduro track every once and a while, and do some hill climbing. I took the bike today, all I can say is, that guy had no idea. He wanted to put the engine on a go kart, but with how incredibly difficult it is to start, and how tempermental it is when your riding, it just seemed like it wouldn't work to well. As I said, a top end rebuild will probably need to be done, Im thinking of just replacing the rings, and gaskets, but I haven't had it apart to see the damage yet, it has about 60 lbs of compression, and its supposed to have 150 lbs, Im thinking its more the old gaskets leaking compression than the cylinder being scratched to hell, the reeds check good, and once it is running it has some power, but i REALLY need an AIR FILTER, the K&N filter we retrofitted on, I cannot get it to stay on for more than 5 minutes if my life depended on it. The guy at the motorcycle shop said to go with a UNI, which I had on my MX 175, and is now on my friends Honda XL250, and it seems to work awesome.

Oh, and I bought this for $70, the money to buy it came from my truck, I saved the tranny, head, wiring harness, heater blower (Which now cools my PC) both of my webers and the back half of the truck and got just a little over $130. Sad to say, but I was happy I let it go, I mostly had problems with it, that I wasn't rich enough to fix, such as it being a 2wd, lol. But I do want to get another, as I know how to work on them, but I want a newer FI, I would really like a V6, but whatever I can get my hands on. Anyone happen to have a Weber adapter plate for a 1984 22R?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Put in some new reed valves. It will make a world of difference.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    I read that you can flip the reeds on the cage, and it will sometimes will make them quit leaking.