Thread: Few problems I'm having g63b....??

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Few problems I'm having g63b....??

I took the truck out today and it drove fine but having some small problems maybe someone can help??

First is my blower motor works and blows hot air but then randomly cuts off and on??

Any help on these issues would and always is appreciated.

Second is I changed the alternator and now I am getting a loud squealing noise on start up and goes away but excelerates when driving. It didn't do it before on my old alternator. I also changed the belt and it got better but is still back and only does it on start up when I drive goes away??

3rd is rattling under the cab from the exhaust but I think some new hangers will cure this??

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I am going to plead ignorance and ask if the alternator is new (if it's used it could have a bad bearing) but it still sounds like the belt tension isn't right. Get someone to start it and watch the belt - it might give you a clue on what it's actually doing. Maybe try cleaning the pulleys as they might be contaminated. If it's having some kind of load problem it can cause the alternator to bug out (small alternator + big audio system = bad)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Geezer yea, it's a reman from advance auto I mean it's a God awful squeal and then it just goes away? If I adjust the belt tension it changes or stops but then seems to come back after new startup??

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    It's not the alternator it's the fan clutch. I never swapped it out when I did my rebuild guess it finally decided to go.it's the original.

Sounds just like this.
    https://youtu.be/JB_Y2jqq3A0

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Yeesh, that is nasty. Nails down a chalkboard... you gotta go electric fan dude unless there's a barrier preventing you from doing it like a vehicle inspection or something.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    No inspection was concidering that thank you .