Array
    Status
    Roanoke VA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Introduction

Hello!..just wanted to say hello and tell you about my truck..It's a 88 power ram 50 sport microcab..It was my dad's truck..He was the original owner..It has 87000 original miles..I'm no mechanic but it's going to need alot of tlc!...It sat most of the time..It's a 2.6L five speed... Don't know much about how to use this site yet but will post pictures as soon as I can...Thanks!

Array
    Status
    Roanoke VA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Array
    Status
    Roanoke VA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Looks like you've got the basics down of starting a thread and posting pics so you're well on your way. Your truck looks like it's in good condish body wise, nothing a tub of wax and some fresh paint on the rear bar won't fix. The hardest part of working on these trucks is the fuel delivery. The factory carb is complicated and the control systems are no fun to mess with. Everything else on them is easy enough to work on once you have some confidence and know what you're looking at. 87,000 miles over 30 years is not a lot of running time. Is it just seals and stuff or was there another reason why your dad stopped driving it? Anyhoo, ask questions, post pics and post up your progress along the way
    Last edited by geezer101; 10-21-2018 at 11:35 PM.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Howdy, Neighbor! (I'm in the Woodstock/ Winchester area).

Truck looks like some great potential.

Be sure to read "Things To DO To Your New Truck" http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...and-do-it-ASAP

and you'll likely avoid a lot of heartache.

Welcome to the forum. It's amazing we get new members so often - says something about these little trucks, huh?

edit: WOw, 6-digit Virginia tags!!!
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Roanoke VA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks for the reply...dad's health kept him from driving a straight shift...ya.. mostly seals..leaks everywhere...also needs a good flush and probably a radiator... over heated a few times over the years...not sure about the head yet.. didn't see anything in the oil that would indicate a crack...will flush..new radiator and change oil and check again after that..truck has potential though...don't see these on the road much... would like to restore it...it's all original..just like he bought it.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It's good that you want to restore it to factory specs, however just bolting on a different carb and a decent exhaust system can transform the 2.6 lump both in power and economy (something worth thinking about). You can do it covertly so at first glance it all looks stock.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    nsman, your pop did a good thing keeping that truck for you; it's awesome..! Thanks for sharing the photos; some folks blur out license numbers when they upload photos, for privacy perhaps... My truck ran better after new spark plugs, carb/choke cleaner sprayed into the carburetor & fuel system cleaner additive in a few tanks of gas at fill-up... Perhaps you have a military base (or similar charity) nearby with an auto body & paint shop; maybe they could restore the paint finish, better, faster & cheaper than DIY..? Some wheel manf (Centerline) sell polishing products that will help a lot in getting your truck's wheels looking new again...
    Enjoy

Array
    Status
    Roanoke VA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks Geezer...Yes I would like to change the carb for sure..It's going to be my everyday driver so I want it to be dependable...Not much of a mechanic but if I can watch a video or have instructions I should be good.

Array
    Status
    Roanoke VA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks xboxrox...alot of work to do for sure..thanks for the ideas...As far as the tag goes I didn't even think about it...lol...of well.

Array
    Status
    tri cities tn
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63
    Welcome to the forum. I am about 2 hours from you in the tri cities. Starting to see more of these little trucks pop up in my area in 2wd form.