Array
    Status
    OP, KS
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

91 Ram 50 in KC

Just picked up my first ever Ram D50 a week ago. I've been perusing the forums since day one. It's a pretty clean ride with only 110K on the odometer, 2.4L under the hood, and that's about it. Got it for a decent price, I think. Although yesterday the battery decided to be dead and the truck won't stay running after a jump start. Testing to occur today.

A bit of a rocky start, but I'm enjoying the truck when it does run...

Joe

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Good to see an influx of new members recently. It means there are still good MM's, D-50's and Rams out there. These really are a nice truck to drive, more like a car than similar trucks. Your no run issue should be an easy fix. Keep us posted with your progress and ask questions.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    OP, KS
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Yep, it's just as I figured. The alternator had crapped out (no dash indicators?), then I drove for a few days like that killing the battery dead. Too bad I couldn't get a Mitsubishi Van alternator short notice or I would have "upgraded". Would the "Nippendenso" upgrade work on the 1991 model? The write up was on an earlier model, but it looks like it would work. Might hit the junkyard for one of them to try.

What is the common exhaust leak location on these 2.4's? Is it at the head or the manifold to cat pipe junction? Just trying to judge how much work it will be to fix.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    They generally don't have a specific problem with leaking exhausts, but from time to time we see new members who've picked up a truck and the PO had broken an exhaust manifold stud or something stupid like that.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function