Thread: Mow this is how a garage should look!!

Array
    Status
    Christiana, PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8

Mow this is how a garage should look!!

This is my 86 Ram 50, it was handed down from my dad to me in 1991 when I turned sixteen. It has been in sitting in a barn out in Iowa for more than two decades. I have since moved to Pennsylvania and just a few short weeks ago I pulled her out of my friends barn and loaded her up and trailered it back 1,100 miles.

It was originally the 2.0 in front of an automatic and I'm now starting the 360 swap with a 904. I'm not much of a social media person, but I will try to post along the way. So far I have block and trans in their final position and swapped out the stock open differential with LSD. I was so excited that I finally found a limited slip I had to put it in right away.

Plans for this 50 is the V8 swap of course, but trying to make it look like something that could have rolled off the factory floor using parts from the era and using as much OEM as I can.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Yes, you are correct. Every garage should have a D50 in it. But only those who are worthy have one... Out of curiosity did you take the transmission selector assembly with the trans? I did a swap using a 727 + 4G52 in my very first project and the only mod I needed to do to get the selector to work was cut down the selector rod linkage and have it welded back up. Worked like a charm.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Christiana, PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    The D50 came with the baby 904 trans, so when I initially installed the V8 904 everything bolted right up shifter linkage, trans mount and driveshaft. I since have slid the trans torwads the rear 2", so I will be making the same mods to the shifter linkage as you. Also had a new driveshaft made up, which I was ok with since I wasn't a big fan of the Mitsubishi U-joints. I did find a flange from a Isuzu/Geo Tracker that bolts up to the diff and holds the 1310 u joint.