Array
    Status
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Frame problems

Hey all, so a few of you may remember that I was hit by a drunk driver a few years back, bending the subframe. I've went to a collision shop that refused to fix it because the trucks aren't worth much. I understand it isnt worth it to most but it's a really important part of my life, Im willing to pay what it takes but if no one will do it, what should I do? Either way I'll still drive it because the worst it does is eat up tires, it would just be nice if it didn't haha. Any recommendations?

Array
    Status
    Oregon
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Theyre selling a 92 mighty max locally for $200. For parts.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Either the shop is run by idiots or they don't know how to fix old school. They should be glad to take a customers cash and do what they've been trained for. Getting a replacement frame would be the way to go if you are going to tackle it yourself. A bunch of guys, crank the grill and make an afternoon of swapping cabs (unless the donor is in better condish...) Everything can be fixed or replaced
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    @RichardPryor where at?
    @geezer101 thats what I thought too haha, it would be better if a shop would do it simply because I'm worried I'm not capable of a frame swap plus living in an apartment makes it hard to do big jobs.
    I appreciate the quick replies!

Array
    Status
    Grants,NM
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    no frame shops in Denver??

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by denverkid1296 View Post
    @RichardPryor where at?
    @geezer101 thats what I thought too haha, it would be better if a shop would do it simply because I'm worried I'm not capable of a frame swap plus living in an apartment makes it hard to do big jobs.
    I appreciate the quick replies!
    Apartment living makes wrenching a car/truck by yourself tricky - you haven't got a buddy to lean on for a weekend that has some space?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function