Array
    Status
    Smithsburg, MD
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72

Question UCA's for more lift on Mighty max

I have seen many references for installing a Montero Gen 2 UCA on the MM to gain lift when tweaking the Torsion bars. Question is, The OEM part number given for a Gen 2 differs MR124879/80 up to 94 and MR296095/96 for 95-up. But it is a bit confusing as the aftermarket shows the OEM UCA P/N's listed as fitting 92-00 Montero's AND 97-06 Sports. Is there a true dimensional difference or is this Mitsubishi just changing P/N's for the same part? Also will I need the knuckle assembly as well from the Montero's?

TIA,
    Steve

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Chances are there is a specification difference between the parts that is minor - a different bump stop design/mounting location, how it's reinforced due to a potential structural defect or maybe the pivot shaft assembly etc And you can't always count on vendors having accurate info either. Ebay listings get screwed up all the time.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    the 92 - 95 Monteros have a ball joint the sits lower and extends out further than the truck one - the Montero sport ucas are the same as the truck ones, as they are basically a l200 pickup with a shorter frame.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Smithsburg, MD
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    I understand the difference between the MM and the Montero UCA's, what I am having questions about is the the fact that the Aftermarket part shows it fitting both the Montero and the Sport, in a wider range of years. In essence, the aftermarket industry feels that the 92-00 Montero UCA's and the 97-06 Sport UCA's are identical.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    not all people list them that way - you have to look around, unless they all started to use the same wrong info - it has happened before.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980