Array
    Status
    Lincoln, AR
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T

Grille Propositions

I've noticed on a thread or two a trend towards the two light grille over the four light grille. I truly prefer the four light and I am interested in purchasing one. Due to recent damage and past wear, it has to be replaced. The only thing I have found online is the two light setup.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I'm not 100% sure if the forward clip on the Gen 1 trucks have a provision for both set ups from factory. You may need to take off the headlight mounting panel from the dual 4x6" front end and cobble it onto the single headlight. Then you'll need to change the headlight wiring to split the low and high beam (not a biggie but you could use semi sealed H4 halogens and have the full deal of dual low and high beams)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    the 2 and 4 light trucks have the same base core support, just different plates behind the headlights for the lights themselves. I may be selling one of my spare 4 light grilles, but it won't be cheap, and the shipping will be crazy.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Make sure that if you ship that you get the proper amount of insurance to cover potential loss due to damage. I had two different shipments of hard to replace parts damaged. Seems as more stuff gets shipped, the damage rate is going up. In each case, the boxes were in rough shape on arrival.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I plan on it - these late 1st gen grilles are about impossible to find in any condition.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    grill.jpg You could always go with this. Lightweight expanded metal. In fact I have it laying around here somewhere since I found a proper grill. I cut it with tin snips and bent the top over a 2x4 to attach it to the truck with the existing screws. Keep searching you may get lucky I only had to drive 2.5 hours one way and got it for $50 but the mooks burned the rest of the truck up using a torch on it while the gas tank was still full.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Could go full 80s billet style grill. My mate with a lada made a very passable one with alloy sections from the hardware store. Looks legit