Man, I haven’t been this excited about a “new” car since I turned 17 and my folks gave me a beat-up Chrysler New Yorker.

My good friend was taking care of a ranch for this old rancher who recently died. They had a 92 D50 that they used in the ranch as a wheelbarrow. It has seen better days for sure. But it only has 128k miles and brand new wheels and tires. They even included the toolbox. My friend told them I was a good guy and that I needed a pickup and told them $2k was a good fair price, so they accepted. So did I after a quick visit to a mechanic for an inspection.

my friend said the truck got overheated from time to time, but mechanic couldn’t find anything wrong with it or a hint of why it would overheat.

mechanic said timing belt had already been replaced and was in good condition. Wheel bearings and seals change eventually, not now. U joints (?) in good condition. Differential oil good.

He said I needed to change the following: valve cover gasket, rotor and distributor cap, idler arm and bushings, center link, brakes.

I have a million questions, but I’ll start with some pics. Hope you like it as much as I do!