Status
    rancho cucamonga ca
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

egr valve

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 2.0.

I need an egr valve. The diaphragm on mine is shot. New replacements are $200 and up. I haven't found a serviceable one in any of the local Pick-a-Part yards. I have already searched and x-referenced part numbers without success but are any of you aware of an affordable egr from any other vehicle that will fit, unofficially?

Thank you in advance.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I found this but I'm not putting time into cross referencing it - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EGR-VALV...4383.l4275.c10

Looks a hell of a lot like all other Mitsubishi EGR valves to me... different part numbers might mean something stupid like the vacuum barb is facing a different direction.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    rancho cucamonga ca
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Thanks. It does look similar but mine has a vacuum fitting at the top and bottom.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    So your EGR valve doesn't have an internal vacuum port? What about swapping the intake manifold for an earlier model G63B? The EGR valves on them are 80% cheaper. I know you are tied to Cali emissions so this might be a no-go for you. The only other option is hell dodgy but not impossible - pry the top off the valve and swap the diaphragm from a more readily available unit. I see guys fix their own vac advance servos on historic UK vehicles so it could theoretically be done
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    rancho cucamonga ca
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    So your EGR valve doesn't have an internal vacuum port? What about swapping the intake manifold for an earlier model G63B? The EGR valves on them are 80% cheaper. I know you are tied to Cali emissions so this might be a no-go for you. The only other option is hell dodgy but not impossible - pry the top off the valve and swa p the diaphragm from a more readily available unit. I see guys fix their own vac advance servos on historic UK vehicles so it could theoretically be done
    Thanks for sharing that my friend and I like the latter suggestion. However, for an assortment of reasons, including living in Commiefornia, I have decided to ditch the G63B and swap in a different power plant. I'll be hanging around here soaking up knowledge and exploring my options. Meanwhile I'll work my way through the other systems on the truck and renovate as needed.

Array
    Status
    rancho cucamonga ca
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    So your EGR valve doesn't have an internal vacuum port? What about swapping the intake manifold for an earlier model G63B? The EGR valves on them are 80% cheaper. I know you are tied to Cali emissions so this might be a no-go for you. The only other option is hell dodgy but not impossible - pry the top off the valve and swap the diaphragm from a more readily available unit. I see guys fix their own vac advance servos on historic UK vehicles so it could theoretically be done
    Thanks for sharing my friend and I especially like your latter suggestion. However, I have decided to ditch the G63B and swap in another engine. I do live in Commiefornia so some of the more popular options are off the table. To be California legal the engine swap must come from a light truck of the same year or newer. I'll be hanging around here and soaking up knowledge while I consider my options and go through the other systems on the truck.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I know this is off another engine but if the gaskets match, it might be a cheaper option - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Standard-Mo...1VxeN6&vxp=mtr