Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

cam shaft wear and steering

I've put a couple hundred miles on the truck since I replaced the lifters and it still has the clicking. with 200000 miles can the cam shaft wear cause this as well?
    Also the steer ing seem tight but when driving down the road it seems soft if that makes sense. It doesn't wander just feels like it could take off at any moment. I did tighten the steering box up some and it helped. also has new shocks.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    run a quart of Rislone in place of a quart of oil. It sounds like the oil passages are partially clogged, or your oil pump is going south. The Rislone will clean out the sludge without causing issues with old motor clearances. Also check the idler arm bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints, pitman arm, and the lca and strut rod bushings - any or all will cause loose steering.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Check your rocker arms. When they wear out, oil can bypass all over the place. I don't think this is as much an issue with all hydraulic heads but the G63B's would eat themselves when there was an oil pressure/starvation problem. 200,000 miles is a reasonable about to clock up but you'll never know if they were kind or brutal miles. Pennyman has got you covered
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function