Array
    Status
    Rock Hill, SC
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Cab Conversions

I have a 1987 longbed single cab split driveshaft and a 1989 Ext Cab shortbed split driveshaft is it possible without *welding* putting the 1989 ext cab and bed on the 1987 single cab frame?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    You would need to measure the mounting points and see if they match up. But you are going to make for a Vin miss match and need to go through the Highway Patrol and DMV for a new vin number. That would give you a salvaged title then.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Rock Hill, SC
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Yea the title thing isn't a problem but I am going to measure it out but it was just a curiosity if anybody has done that before. Really all I want is '94 to '96 Mighty Max Sport. lol

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    There's 94 MM Sport extended cab with a broken timing belt on Seattle Craigslist, they are asking $800. It's a bit of a drive but no rust!

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The standard cab longbed and the extended cab shortbed are the same wheelbase; the cab and bed mounts should be the only differences between the two. One thing I do remember from my 88 sportcab Ram 50 was the ujoints for a 2.6 auto should have been the large ones , but they ended up being the small 2.0 ones.
    Last edited by pennyman1; 12-02-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Rock Hill, SC
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thank you and I am going to measure out stuff tomo and see what I can do. Thanks for the craigslist idea man.

Array
    Status
    Rock Hill, SC
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Ok I have the dimensions for the '89 ext cab short bed and the '87 regular cab long bed. Looking at the side of the truck. Cab mounts are the same on both trucks it is 43 1/2" center of bolt to center of bolt. The wheelbase for both is 116" pennyman1 was right on that one lol. The bed thing is another creature but it's workable I believe lol. anyways on the ext cab bed front mounts are 8 1/2" they sit real close together. The reg cab is 19 1/4" front bed mounts are spaced out pretty good, but the kicker is I measured from the back cab mount to the 2nd cab mount is 27 1/2" on both trucks so I was thinking on cutting the front bed mounts on the standard cab and keep the 2nd bed mounts on and attach the short bed to that. The rear bed mounts on the long bed are 13 1/2" spaced out a good bit but the short bed mounts 8" kinda close together but I can drill a hole in the bed and bolt down the short bed on the rear mounts like the old trucks with a carriage bolts. If the mounts don't quite line up on the front mounts for the bed I can do that to with carriage bolts also. The cab at least line up good enough just have to cut the front bed mounts cause of the ext cab being long.