Array
    Status
    Prescott Arizona
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B

Pretty awesome day at the junkyard

After making my wanted thread I decided to check out the local junkyard and see if they had any goodies in store for me. Low and behold, they definitely did. Im gonna post up some pictures here and just verify that my train of thought is right so please feel free to chime in.

Found a 1989 Mitsubishi truck. Thats what the Vin sticker said. Its a 4wd and had the 5 speed manual transmission that I am pretty sure I've been looking for. Ultimately what I think I'm going to do is take the block and tranny together out of that truck and keep them together. Rebuild the bottom end and new clutch/flywheel for the tranny.

***Edit: For some reason It wont let me upload the video I took of the 89 truck. I will work with it though and see of I cant get it to load. Basically its an 89 5 speed 4wd.

Shortly after finding that I found a few eclipses. I am not familiar with the DSM, eclipse thing so I'll have to ask that you bear with me. Pictured below is the head that I am fairly certain I am going to need. I know it is a FWD variant and I'll have to move some things around but I just want to make sure I am getting the right baseline. I'd like to find a RWD head but I dont think thats gonna happen. Anyways, here is the head I think I am gonna pick up and the vehicle it came out of:

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

I also saw these though as well. Like I said I am not familiar with these cars so this is what confused me. These look like essentially the same cars however the heads are completely different. Even if I don't use them, I'd like to learn the differences.
    IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

Lastly, I found two sets of wheels, both on D50's that I actually really like. Full sets even. The only thing is they are 14's and not 15's. If i remember reading right the 4WD versions got 15's and 2wd got 14's. My question is, will 14s fit on a 4wd vehicle or was there something about it that needed the extra inch?

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

Found a few other small things I was looking for so tomorrow I will head back and spend the entire day out there making a mess.

You guys are insanely helpful so if you can think of anything that you may need out of a junkyard let me know and I'll be happy to pull it for you. I will send the receipt as well and as long as you cover the price and shipping, I wouldn't mind shipping it out.

Array
    Status
    Prescott Arizona
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Here is a link I guess of the video that I took of the 89. Hopefully this workshttps://youtu.be/j5oP4s_e-JM

Array
    Status
    N*Y
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    wow nice did u take the cluster out??

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    There was a year change that the Eclipse drivetrain configurations were swapped. You need a 1G or 2G engine from a DSM for this swap. BTW there are no RWD 4G63 heads so you will need to mod the coolant routing and work around the CAS on the head. I've heard using an intake from a 4G64 Optima or Sonata will change which way the intake manifold is configured but I haven't personally confirmed that. I would've taken a rim off one of the 2WD trucks and tested it on a 4x4 to see if they had sufficient offset (one of the bonuses of going to a DIY yard is you can try before you buy). I test a couple of theories by doing this and it will also help fill in gaps where another part might need to substituted to get your idea to work (like the short hardlines I swapped when getting my twin piston brakes)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    14" wheels will not fit a 4x4 - they will interfere with the steering on the front, and the drums are bigger in the rear.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980