Array
    Status
    Hialeah , Fl
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

My 89’ mighty build!

Hey guys this is my first ever mighty max and absolutely love the thing everything is so dam simple, well so this truck belonged to the son of my neighbor and it had been sitting for 3years, he told me it overheated on him and he just went and bought a new car, and he was going to scrap it , so i automatically decided to give him the 150 bucks instead and boom this build begins

Array
    Status
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Looks like a good starting point! Welcome!

Array
    Status
    Hialeah , Fl
    Vehicle

Engine

Went ahead and removed the rear rusted out bumper and front one aswell along with all the crap it had on the bed and a slight pressure wash looks a million times better IMO
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome aboard! Amazing what a bit cleaning can do. There's nothing like starting with a blank canvas. A pity the front panels aren't the originals - this looked like a nice truck dressed in black but it'll need some of the usual rust repairs so it doesn't matter. Other than the head and some cosmetics, anything else planned? And is it a carb'd engine or the injected 2.4? (4G64)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Hialeah , Fl
    Vehicle

Engine

Thanks man! Yea it has some rust but nothing horrible so far, the truck is carburated, went ahead and got new spark plugs, wires and a bottle of carb cleaner, then i decided to get into why it overheated, and found out radiator was shot, thermostat was rusted/locked, and the small exchanger up front was leaking so removed that, did a thermostat delete and replaced the radiator with an s10 aluminum radiator i had in my garage, lets hope thats solves the issue, ill update later on today on how the tuneup goes.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Shouldn't need to delete the thermostat. But do check that the water pump is actually pumping. If the rest of the cooling system has been neglected you can bet that it has too.
    Love the black with decals, and that price!

Array
    Status
    Hialeah , Fl
    Vehicle

Engine

Quote Originally Posted by tortron View Post
    Shouldn't need to delete the thermostat. But do check that the water pump is actually pumping. If the rest of the cooling system has been neglected you can bet that it has too.
    Love the black with decals, and that price!
    Thanks man,yea i ended up buying a new thermostat, and waterpump is in working order, well the good news is that it runs and drives extremely well, and its super quiet, also decided to remove the door mounted mirrors i hate them, removed the rear window tint, and removed all the crap that it had inside, including one of those fans, they actually drilled into the dash for that SMH, removed about 10 pounds of useless wires(it was wired for a sub at some point). Will be posting pictures tommorow its kind of dark already.

Array
    Status
    Hialeah , Fl
    Vehicle

Engine

UPDATE ordered lowering blocks and belltech lowering front springs, along with some 17x9 racing steelies , ac conversion kit and front grill, cant wait to see hows its gonna look dropped on the wheels ��

Array
    Status
    Hialeah , Fl
    Vehicle

Engine

Well i think the fitment its perfect !!! , installed 4” lowering blocks and cut the springs, shocks are bad, so ill be replacing those soon, also installed grill and blinker installed along with clear tails , loving this thing!
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    That rubber is hell stretched - you gonna add some JDM flares to it? I want to upsize to 17's but not so crazy on the width. You've got the ball rolling nicely
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Hialeah , Fl
    Vehicle

Engine

I went with 205/50s and yes i ordered flares and some fender mirrors, yea im hooked on it!

Array
    Status
    tri cities tn
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63
    I am looking forward to seeing this thing progress.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide - Australia
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Triton
    Engine

G54B
    Loving the fit of those wheels! I was concerned about the size/look of 17's as I like the 15's I have now, but this has me sold

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    This thread has gone quiet - it had a lot of promise too. I was keen to see it progress