Array
    Status
    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55

83’ d50 weatherstripping

I’m having a very hard time finding weatherstripping for the driver and passenger windows at the bottom outside. They look like a t shape gasket but I’m not sure. Quite a big gap to fill too. Winter is coming and if no one knows I might just have to get creative. Thanks

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    This is a notorious item to locate. I think there is someone selling them here, but they are very pricey to purchase new.
    While I was at the wrecking yard, I noticed that the Mazda b2000 or b2600 trucks had the exact same items on their doors as ours for weather stripping. They also seem to be a little bit longer which was great since after cutting it to size, it fit much tighter then the Mitsubishi OEM version. If you have a yard close by, take a look and see if that will work for you.

Array
    Status
    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55
    thanks, BradMph I called around here nothing. I think I'm gonna have to get creative. I found on Amazon a piece of t windshield molding/ gasket that I think will work for $10 plus a rectangle piece 3/4 wide that has adhesive to stick hopefully I can make this work

Array
    Status
    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55
    https://www.1aauto.com/window-sweep/i/1awss00288

these wouldn't be the same window as a d50 are they. anyone know

Array
    Status
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55
    You might take a look here :
    https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...ront-door-scat

They don't seems to have this part but they do supply the part numbers. You can use the p/n at this site:

https://mitsubishiparts.com/1984-mit...lass_hardware/

10 MB177738 Weatherstrip

Weatherstrip, RIGHT

AT BELT, OUTER
    - -
    10 MB177737 Weatherstrip

Weatherstrip, LEFT

AT BELT, OUTER

I'm not certain, but others on this board will know, how close the D50 and Mighty Max parts match. But my "guess" is they're the same or very close for these parts.

HTH

Array
    Status
    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55
    It works thanks I typed it in at google and can buy them but they are all for mighty max like you said. Now I just gotta figure out how close my 83 d50 and an 84 mighty max is thanks for the help. Does anyone know if mighty max are the same

QUOTE=drpbx911;63480]You might take a look here :
    https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...ront-door-scat

They don't seems to have this part but they do supply the part numbers. You can use the p/n at this site:

https://mitsubishiparts.com/1984-mit...lass_hardware/

10 MB177738 Weatherstrip

Weatherstrip, RIGHT

AT BELT, OUTER
    - -
    10 MB177737 Weatherstrip

Weatherstrip, LEFT

AT BELT, OUTER

I'm not certain, but others on this board will know, how close the D50 and Mighty Max parts match. But my "guess" is they're the same or very close for these parts.

HTH[/QUOTE]

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    They are identical. Just different badges

Array
    Status
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55
    Did I see in the news that you guys up north just got a summer snow storm?!!

You might want to check the air flow through the heater core and compare it to fresh air flow.
    I park under a tree and I get leaves that fall through the cab fresh air intake and fall onto the heater core.
    They pile up and block some of the air flow and the only way I've found to fix it is to remove the heater core/fan/box
    and clean it out. I've done this twice now and I need to do it again before winter. It get so bad that the defroster works but not very well.
    If you want to get the heat into the cold cab you'll want to look at this and compare air flow to fresh air. Not inside / outside air but defrost/heat/air.
    Both heat and defrost flow through the heater core. Another tip is be very careful removing the heater hoses from the heater core. The metal is very thin and bends easily.
    I have one that I had to disconnect from under the hood and pull it through the firewall - not as hard as it might sound.

Anyway, I get cold just thinking about living up there in all that snow...

P1010010.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The Ford Courier uses the same type of door glass scrapers (no idea what the US equivalent is but it'll be something like a Raider etc). The added bonus of using a later built truck is the scraper clips are plastic, not metal and are way easier to source.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55
    Good to know thanks I talked to an auto body guy he told me to bring the truck in and go from there. He said hopefully they can make something work or build a custom strip. Using the resources from fixing them over the years

Array
    Status
    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55
    Thank drpbx911 ill look into mine that’s for the heads up I’ll need it

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Quote Originally Posted by abner99 View Post
    I’m having a very hard time finding weatherstripping for the driver and passenger windows at the bottom outside. They look like a t shape gasket but I’m not sure. Quite a big gap to fill too. Winter is coming and if no one knows I might just have to get creative. Thanks
    Mine have been that way for a few years now because I haven't been able to find replacements lol. Duct Tape has been my winter buddy

Array
    Status
    Casper Wyoming
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55
    Quote Originally Posted by cptkill View Post
    Mine have been that way for a few years now because I haven't been able to find replacements lol. Duct Tape has been my winter buddy
    haha yeah, I have a feeling that's gonna happen to me I'm looking at things but haven't found an end lo.