Array
    Status
    Yelm WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Rampage H4 Headlight Conversion

Picked up a set of Rampage H4 Conversions for the sealed beams off Amazon, price got down to $62 so I jumped on it.

repainted the light backing and the trim rings, also replaced the screws that hold the trim rings with new machine screws.

6CEBB043-8648-4EC8-B21D-555693D09321.jpg515D7A3C-57ED-4F90-80C3-FC003112563C.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Awesome. This will make night time driving tolerable. Now I'm not up to speed on how different the Gen 1's wiring is compared to the Gen 2 - does the Gen 2 have separate relays to run headlights and what halogen globes are you using? The headlights in these trucks generally sucked and blowing one was a major PITA to replace. I am definitely putting my hand up for H4's on my Gen 1. There is a thread dedicated to headlight mods - a review on how well your upgrade performs will be a big help to members who aren't fond of driving in braille
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Yelm WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    From what I have traced on the wires, I dont see a separate relay for the headlights, I'm tempted to put one together though.

So far they are nice and bright, it came with a set of Sylvania H4 bulbs, nothing fancy bet way brighter than the old sealed beams.

I assume globes is Aussie for bulbs...lol

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDirt View Post
    From what I have traced on the wires, I dont see a separate relay for the headlights, I'm tempted to put one together though.

So far they are nice and bright, it came with a set of Sylvania H4 bulbs, nothing fancy bet way brighter than the old sealed beams.

I assume globes is Aussie for bulbs...lol
    Yeah, we use both terms. Add relays straight off the battery. It will take the strain off the electrical system and most likely make them brighter. The new headlights made the front of your truck look fresh
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    You want to use an add on harness system with relays and new headlight sockets, as the Halogen bulbs will embrittle the original sockets and cause them to fail. I have run that setup on Geronimo for many years, and I run hot bulbs (80/100) instead of 55/60 ones.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980