Array
    Status
    Missouri
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T

Just another new guy,,, Hi all

Hello,new guy to the group, picked me up an 86 MM. got it for a good price as it had sat for near 20 years in a barn, yup, a true barn find. got it home, did all the usual things required to bring it back to life. got it running and it ran very well, smooth on all 4, nice idle etc. but it smoked,,,, alot. tried all my tried and true methods to release the stubborn piston rings, but no luck. decided to just get a rebuilt long block,, seemed like alot were available and the price was OK, so ordered one and removed the anemic g63b and took it apart to ship back the core. while waiting, did the needed bodywork and painted it the original r52 california red, wow,, sure is red lol. after a bit of waiting,, called to see where the new long block was,, was at that time informed there is no sure thing,, anywhere. called all kinds of other rebuilders,, got the same answer.. so,, took old one apart, saw it was not too bad inside, bought standard rebuild kit and replaced all pistons, bearings, seal etc. any wear items, and pumps. reinstalled, weber carb upgrade, runs great, but must have worn out more then it looked cause it only has 20 lbs oil pressure at hot idle. that didn't freak me out as much as finding out there is like 0 hotrod stuff for this motor. so,,, looked at all the swap postings on here, knew i could do the 350 chevy swap, but it had alot of knit picky issues that would delay things, and I kinda like driving this cool little gocart. looking around at the 4g63, but not any around here that i liked, all 7 bolt, high miles etc. Then,,,, found this. a guy parting out his 91 eclipse gsx. got rear ended about about 1000 miles after he built this motor:
    Engine- 6 bolt bored 20 over with wiseco pistons, h-beam rods, ACL bearings, ARP hardware, cometic head gasket, mild ported 1g head, BC 272 cams, BC springs, adjustable cam gears, all new gaskets and seals. Pte 50trim journal bearing turbo w/ stock dsm houseing, tubular manifold w/ external dump, turbonetics wastegate, turbonetics BOV, forged manual boost controller, 3” turbo back exhaust, big FMIC, AEM wideband, fuel lab fpr kit, 255 pump, ETS 1000cc injectors low impedance, evo 8 ecu, 4bar map sensor. and a cutdown harness and 2 more complete harnesses, including fuse box. i do believe this is over kill for my poor little Mighty Max, but,, its mine now need to do all those things needed to install, hardest being the intake,, but i have just enough skills to pull it off. have already found this site to be extremely useful, and will keep all informed about the build. wish me luck and thanks for adding me to the gang. Thanx,, Mike
    Attached Images
    Last edited by camoit; 08-13-2018 at 07:23 PM. Reason: fixed blabk txt

Array
    Status
    Missouri
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Engine- 6 bolt bored 20 over with wiseco pistons, h-beam rods, ACL bearings, ARP hardware, cometic head gasket, mild ported 1g head, BC 272 cams, BC springs, adjustable cam gears, all new gaskets and seals. Pte 50trim journal bearing turbo w/ stock dsm houseing, tubular manifold w/ external dump, turbonetics wastegate, turbonetics BOV, forged manual boost controller, 3” turbo back exhaust, big FMIC, AEM wideband, fuel lab fpr kit, 255 pump, ETS 1000cc injectors low impedance, evo 8 ecu, 4bar map sensor. plus harness. is perhaps a bit overkill for my poor MM, but its mine now. still need to do all required to fit but is within my skill level. wish me luck and thanks for the add. Mike
    Last edited by camoit; 08-13-2018 at 07:23 PM. Reason: fixed blabk txt

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. You're right - your truck is hell red! A very clean, nice looking truck too going by the pics. The Eclipse engine is going to get this thing hauling fast and is going to need a few extras thrown into the mix to keep it strong (and you from deleting yourself...) The trans will need a Tuff Pan to stop the case flexing (it'll destroy itself eventually without having something to reinforce it) - once it's fitted it'll hold anything up to crashing through gear changes drunk. Using 2nd Gen front brake and hub assemblies will get you vented rotors and there are options to upgrade to twin piston calipers from there. Maybe an LSD from a 4x4 Montero or Ram 50 to get it to actually go forward instead of eating tires. Take pics of the engine install as you go as a lot of newbies ask about going turbo and it's always interesting to see the end product.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Missouri
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Thank you, I know from reading the forums of the task I am about to undertake,, feel mostly up for it 6 bolt bored 20 over with wiseco pistons, h-beam rods, ACL bearings, ARP hardware, cometic head gasket, mild ported 1g head, BC 272 cams, BC springs, adjustable cam gears, all new gaskets and seals. Pte 50trim journal bearing turbo w/ stock dsm houseing, tubular manifold w/ external dump, turbonetics wastegate, turbonetics BOV, forged manual boost controller, 3” turbo back exhaust, big FMIC, AEM wideband, fuel lab fpr kit, 255 pump, ETS 1000cc injectors low impedance, evo 8 ecu, 4bar map sensor..... post only shows half,, here are the motor specs i plan on breaking stuff and will bulletproof as i go,, thanks for the good starting tips, and will be sure to get plenty of pics. wish me luck lol. Thanks, Mike
    Last edited by camoit; 08-13-2018 at 07:22 PM. Reason: fixed blabk txt

Array
    Status
    Missouri
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    ugg,, wont paste... 6 bolt bored 20 over with wiseco pistons, h beam rods, acl bearings, arp hardware, cometic head gasket,mild port 1g head, bc 272 cams,bc springs, adjustale cam gears, pte50 trim journal bearing turbo w/ stock dsm housing, tubular exhaust with external dump, turbonetics wastegate and bov forged manual boost control big fmic, aem wideband, fuellab fpr kit, ets 1000cc injectors low impedance, evo8 ecu, 4 bar map sensor,........ yup gonna break something lol

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    I fixed the black text in your posts. If you don't pick a color it will auto set the color and it will show.
    But if you copy and paste from something to the board it will make black text. I just copy and paste to word pad then copy that and paste to the board.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Be surprised. These crazy little trucks take a freakin' beating. The 5 speed box will survive 500 horses through it once the reinforced sump pan is fitted. The rear ends are pretty tough too. It's things like the brakes and electrical system that really need to be beefed up on Gen 1 trucks. You should have the electrics covered with the Eclipse swap.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Or you can buy the factory Pajero pan for the km132 tranny that is the same as the 88-89 starquest pan that is the holy grail of pans the tuff pan was made to replace. Since the Tuff Pan is currently not being made - the Pajero pan is a available from a specific dealer - I will post the details in a thread in the next 2 days.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Mikemike, got any updates about your truck..? The red makes me a tad jealous

Array
    Status
    Missouri
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Hiya Rox,, yup got more info in a thread called 1g in a 1g in performance and mods section.. just today finished the trans pan mod and tranny mount,, doing all u joints and carrier as well. 2nd gen spindles and upgraded brakes already done.. motor in,, lsd installed, last bit of stainless welding to complete exhaust being done by monday. been dropped 2.5/3. new rims and bfg radial ta all around.. lots done and moving along smoothly

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Nice, will check out your 1g thread...