Hi guys been looking around the site a bit it's a great site, lots of good info. I have 1979 D50 2.6 l sport model that had the dealer Stepside conversion ,I thought was done by a company in California Bud Anderson could be wrong about that one.It had stacks on it like the Little Red Ram D50.They came off before I left the dealers parking lot LOL. I bought the truck brand new in 79 got lots of years and lots of miles with it before it found its home up in the country at my family's place. It's been living there for the last 20 years. It made some car shows back in the 80s and 90s, even though it was my daily driver.It's losing its home so I'm trying to make the decision what I should do with it. I've done some looking on internet can't even find another one.
Best I can remember there was about a thousand of these made in 79-81 majority was the tan(non sport?) model with the two liter I think there was somewhere around 80 of the yellow 2.6 models but someone on this site might know more than I do about that.
Lots of sentimental value to the truck, looks like engine parts and body parts wouldn't be too hard to find, it was a great truck that took me through my 20s. Never had any problems with it till about 280,000 miles ,lifter went bad, so it made its way to the country and I bought a new truck (s10)and still have that one too..LOL.
Just trying to find out how many like it are still out there.
I'll try to get before and after pics up..