Array
    Status
    lenexa,KS
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63

Angry rough idle running rich

I have a 90 mighty max with the 2.4l. its got new plugs,wires, full distributor (cap,and rotor included), ignition coil, timing belt, pistons, rings, lifters, adn connecting rod bearings. It has been dying on me intermittently recently and would start once I tapped on the ignition coil. replaced the coil and it is not dying on me as of yet but still has misfire. I can unplug the tps and the two sensors on the right side of throttle body without any change at all. I am also unsure of the vacuum line routing due to I cannot find a diagram on the trck and I do not a manual. Please give any information on this. it runs okay once going but it feels like its a little sluggish.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Could be a number of things. The ECU's are notorious for going bad so you will need to determine if it's faulty (capacitors go bad in them - a relatively straight forward fix). Other potential culprits are the O2 sensor and the engine temperature sender for the ECU. Have you tried getting error codes out of the ECU? Also you will need to go back and check that it's been put back together properly. The timing can be elusive to set properly. There is also a wire in the engine bay that needs to be grounded while setting the distributor timing.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...th-ECM-control
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    lenexa,KS
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63
    I have not tried anything with the ecu yet. How do I get codes out of it? Plug in obd 1 scanner? And timing is correct I have throttle and power when accelerating it just has almost a constant miss that clears once driving. And also is there a vacuum routing diagram I can use to check if they are all routed correctly?